Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can you help with the CI website? An invitation from the CI Foundation

(09-13-2019, 09:20 AM)V I R U S Wrote: Ehm... since when CI has grown to "small footprint" with 100mb??

Quote from start page:
"CodeIgniter 3 has a 2MB download, including the user guide. CodeIgniter 4 is a 100MB download, plus 6MB for the user guide."

If you download the entire git repository with all of its history, testing tools, etc, sure it might be that big. But if you download a release it's only about 3mb.

Re 100MB size ... my bad ... typo... extra zero ... oops. Being fixed with next website update ;P

The framework zip file is only 1.2MB.
The appstarter is only a 422KB download, but expands to 10MB once the composer dependencies are taken into account.

The Trello group is active? I used to check it everyday but when I didn't see any activity for over a month I stopped checking.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(09-13-2019, 01:15 PM)albertleao Wrote: The Trello group is active? I used to check it everyday but when I didn't see any activity for over a month I stopped checking.

Hi,

The foundation is under way but is 'with the lawyers'.

There is a lot going on but it is sort of 'behind the scenes', plus CI4 is now a release candidate and the team working on that are putting a lot of time and effort into that too.

I know it can be frustrating when everything seems to take an age, but progress is being made.

The website working group will have a separate trello board, and the board of directors has another one too. The original one to discuss the foundation may be dormant at the moment but I believe we do want to discuss membership on there when it is appropriate to do so, so it will probably come to life again soon(ish).

Paul

Hi Everyone,

Have sent out invitations this morning for all our volunteers, thank you very much for responding. If you have not received the invitation PM me or post here and I will resend the Trello invitation.

Paul.

Invites sent to:
php_rocs
jreklund
ignitedcms
jameslittle
demyr
website
InsiteFX
dturner123
mgatner
MisterGeorgeX

Hi Paul!

The invitation has arrived and I am part of the board, it is just that we know the road map and see how to start one at this great idea.

Yes, I am happy to help with the CI website in any way that I can. I can help with the following tasks:

Writing content: I can write new content for the website, such as blog posts, tutorials, and documentation.
Editing content: I can edit existing content for the website to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, and well-written.
Translating content: I can translate content from one language to another.
Creating graphics: I can create graphics for the website, such as logos, illustrations, and infographics.
Coding: I can help with the front-end or back-end coding of the website.
Testing: I can help test the website for bugs and usability issues.
Please let me know what specific tasks you would like me to help with.

Certainly! I'd be happy to help with the CI website for the CI Foundation. Please provide specific details or issues you'd like assistance with, such as design, content, or functionality, so I can better address your needs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB