Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter VS ZendFramework/expressive ?

Hello CodeIgniters,
I was about to start learning ZF3 or Expressive ,but i found it bulky in a hard way what's your thoughts ?

@amrsamy,

More than likely you will eventually know more than one framework. Pick one and learn it. Then once you are comfortable with it then try learning the other. It doesn't matter which one you pick because there are pluses and minuses for each one.

Now that that is out of the way...my choice would be to learn CI but I'm biased. I've done many professional projects with CI and it has never disappointed me or my clients. Every client that I have used CI as the baseline framework has been impressed with it's ease of use and very good documentation.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 11:22 AM by kingstyles.)

(10-10-2019, 03:55 PM)amrsamy Wrote: Hello CodeIgniters,
I was about to start learning ZF3 or Expressive ,but i found it bulky in a hard way what's your thoughts ?

After a simple test (with PHP 7.3) on my production server to load 100 rows from transactions table... maybe i use CI4 to create my next project or i will develop my dedicated simple framework:
I maked same situation and I followed both frameworks docs to optimize them in the production environment
Result:
Pure PHP:    0.0020217895507812
CI4:              0.052511930465698
Laravel 6:        0.32148408889771

Rasmus Lerdorf : PHP Frameworks all suck! Though everyone needs a framework, just not a general purpose framework
https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/9j...ck_though/

(10-10-2019, 08:25 PM)php_rocs Wrote: @amrsamy,

More than likely you will eventually know more than one framework.  Pick one and learn it.  Then once you are comfortable with it then try learning the other.  It doesn't matter which one you pick because there are pluses and minuses for each one.

Now that that is out of the way...my choice would be to learn CI but I'm biased.  I've done many professional projects with CI and it has never disappointed me or my clients.  Every client that I have used CI as the baseline framework has been impressed with it's ease of use and very good documentation.
CI have a really really really good documentation and flexibility to it

(10-11-2019, 11:21 AM)kingstyles Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 03:55 PM)amrsamy Wrote: Hello CodeIgniters,

After a simple test (with PHP 7.3) on my production server to load 100 rows from transactions table... maybe i use CI4 to create my next project or i will develop my dedicated simple framework:
I maked same situation and I followed both frameworks docs to optimize them in the production environment
Result:
Pure PHP:    0.0020217895507812
CI4:              0.052511930465698
Laravel 6:        0.32148408889771

Rasmus Lerdorf : PHP Frameworks all suck! Though everyone needs a framework, just not a general purpose framework
https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/9j...ck_though/
The thing with PHP Frameworks is that it make it easy for you to start RAD and you don't have to anything from scratch i'm already have my little framework i created for myself of most components i usually use.

Would doing everything from scratch set you back by a lot, Amrsamy?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB