Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help with URI routes

[eluser]Temple[/eluser]
Hey All, been using CodeIgniter for a while now. A lot of my controllers are getting big, and I read you can use a folder within the application/controllers folder to break the functions down to single pages instead of a big one.

This is fantastic however, is there a way to keep routing the same even though it is a folder? What I mean is, default behavior is:

Code:
http://www.url.com/class/function/id/

However, if my controller is a folder, it becomes:

Code:
http://www.url.com/folder/class/function/id/

Is there a way to keep the URI routing as the default non folder behavior? Because of the class, it seems hard to me Sad

Thanks in advance for all replies.

[eluser]MABUS[/eluser]
Yes, there is a way. One way is to play with the routes. You can use routes to accept any url, and point it to any of controller or controller function of your choice.

example.

$routes['class/function/:num'] = "folder/class/function/"
--------------------- ----------------------
url to accept where to be pointed

whatever matches the url to accept will be redirected to the result. It wont change the url , just redirection.

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
This is automatically built in. The Router will do a check to see if there is a folder with the name of segment 1 and a file with the name of the second segment.

In your example you would have this directory structure:
Code:
* application
  * controllers
    * folder
      * Function.php

The only caveat is your naming. This is not a function, its a class. Every controller has to be a class which contains methods (functions).

Check out line 189 of Router.php in the system/libraries folder. This will show you how CI loads cotrollers. If you want to change how this happens you can copy this file into your application/libaries folder and rename to MY_Router.php

Hope this info helps.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB