Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is the "X-IW-SESSION" and how do i change it

A few years ago my employer had a server made in code igniter as a back end for his android app. 
Now I'm re writing the app in flutter.

Here's where I got stuck. To send authorized requests from the app to the server, with Restful API, the old code used a header property called "X-IW=SESSION" to send the session information from the app to the server. On success the server logs it as a user and then carries out the intended function. This method still works in the old app written in Java. The new app, which I am writing in flutter, however, is creating issues.

I've been searching for 'X-IW-SESSION' on the internet, but didn't get any hits. If you search "X-IW-SESSION" with quotes on google, the top result is literally my question on Stack overflow.

So, I thought, maybe if this kind of authorized requests don't work for the flutter app, maybe i could find a workaround. I've tried various things in the flutter app but to no avail. Therefore, I've turned to the code igniter community to help me with this predicament. Does anyone even know, what this X-IW-SESSION property is? Where do I find it on my server?

It'd be cool if I can check what my server is getting as a request from my old app and new app. I'm actually new to Restful APIs and I don't even know where to start. I'll be looking at tutorials for sometime to get myself up and running. However, this "X-IW-SESSION", I've been unable to find on the internet. Pls help.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 01:56 PM by jreklund.)

Search your code for "X-IW", as I guess it sent as an header tag. And SESSION are the data.

This aren't a default name, that's why you aren't getting any results on google. That's why that name where chosen in the first place.

(11-25-2019, 01:55 PM)jreklund Wrote: Search your code for "X-IW", as I guess it sent as an header tag. And SESSION are the data.

I'll do so and let you know what I find. Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB