Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Autocomplete on CodeIgniter 1.5.4

[eluser]mexor[/eluser]
I tried this
http://video.derekallard.com/

Auto completer on CodeIgniter 1.5.4 but couldn't get it to work.
Nothing shows up in the autocomplete, and no functions show up in the DIV after searching.

I've asked a few people who have used codeIgniter a lot and they couldn't get it to work either. Anyone have any suggestions on what would make it work?

Thanks
Dave

[eluser]section31[/eluser]
if you expect us to troubleshoot your problem we are going to need to see the code. I have a feeling it's in your js.

[eluser]richthegeek[/eluser]
it works for me in Firefox 3.0b5 - in this case it is most likely something to do with XML parsing in less modern browsing.

[eluser]section31[/eluser]
[quote author="php_penguin" date="1207968265"]it works for me in Firefox 3.0b5 - in this case it is most likely something to do with XML parsing in less modern browsing.[/quote]

Is he talking about that website? I thought he was redoing that on his end?

yes "he" is.

The video.derekallard.com site has an autocomplete field which works for me in Firefox 3.0b5. If it is not working in IE7 then the most obvious solution is that the JS is unable to parse the XML, as it is being returned as text/plain or text/html rather than an XML mime-type.

[eluser]mexor[/eluser]
Yes I see the website works, however when I download the zip file which contains his code, it doesn't seem to work when I upload it. I've changed all the directories to point to the right paths and loaded the database... Other than that all the code is the same as the example. Can anyone upload the files to their server to see if it works for them?

does the zip file include the prototype libraries?

[eluser]mexor[/eluser]
i believe it contains everything

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB