Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email class with Qmail - Linefeed and bad mime break issues

[eluser]Peter Korsuize[/eluser]
When I attempt to send an email using the stock codeigniter over authenticated smtp the I get an unsuccessful message back from the send() function.

I use Qmail and it is complaining that a "bare LF" is not acceptable.

Now, after some googling, I have been able to change the line feed configuration in the email class (line 47) from "\n" to "\r\n".
However, having done that, the send() function now reports success but the emails get stuck in my mail server because of supposed bad mime breaks (see excerpt of log below)

Quote:Apr 4 11:06:46 localhost qmail-scanner[14546]: Policy:Bad_MIME_Break:RC:0(116.14.57.229):SA:0(-4.6/3.0): 0.286366 1002 [email protected] [email protected]
Reset_Password_in_Welcome_Message_System <[email protected]> 1207278405.14548-0.infosigma-1:18 1207278405.14548-1.infosigma-1:21 orig-infosigma-1120727840577514546:1002

Due to time limitations I had to resort to an external mime email class which has always worked for me in the past.
http://phpclasses.veriportal.com.tr/brow...age/9.html

I may be the only one having trouble with the smtp mailer class of the codeigniter framework, but I suspect I am not.

My questions are as follows:

1) Has anybody else experienced the "bad mime break" issue and possibly managed to resolve it somehow?

2) Can we get the "linefeed" configuration parameter in the config file, rather than having to butcher the email class?

3) The email class that I resorted to seems to have the whole email business pretty well worked out. Is there any chance that the smarts of that class could be incorporated in codeigniter?

[eluser]champs[/eluser]
1) Yes I have, not that I haven't seen this in a million other Email libs working with qmail, and no, I didn't.

2) No.

3) EllisLab is working on a new email class -- it was in a months-old job posting. I realize you've found your own way, but if you like, you can try your hand at porting the Kohana email helper. It uses Swift, it's very handy, and would be a boon to other users of CodeIgniter.

Hey there Champs,

I'm not sure how porting an email helper from another php framework would be helpful to this particular discussion.

Any other users with similar email class issues? I am sure further feedback from the user community in this regard would be useful for the development team.

Thanks.

[eluser]champs[/eluser]
I'm just saying qmail is a devil of an SMTP server, and Swift is one of the better PHP mail libraries. You shouldn't have any problems with the two in combination, and a good starting point for making that happen is with the Kohana helper, which is simple enough for the brain dead to handle.

I must have been the only one on qmail Smile . I decided to make life easy on myself and to migrate (one might say upgrade) all relevant servers to postfix. Emails are working well now without external classes.

By the way it is an upgrade that I really recommend, qmail is a real struggle.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB