Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migration from Wordpress to CodeIgniter

if i where u i choose WordPress because its very easy to use

(09-06-2019, 08:21 AM)Stevewrites Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 03:57 AM)grdev Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am the webmaster of some websites (most of them are mine and some are client's projects) running mostly on Wordpress and Joomla.

I am quite frustrated with continuous and time consuming Wordpress updates and the security issues regarding both wordpress and joomla websites.   Two of my websites were already hit by hackers, although I use only paid themes and plugins and never install any cracked software, in the wordpress case due to outdated plugins, and in the Joomla case due to Joomla's built-in lack of strong security.

I plan to switch the websites to other platforms, and I am currently looking at CodeIgniter and Drupal.  Since Drupal is in the same category as wordpress and joomla, I would surely prefer a platform like CodeIgniter for the platform switch.

So I come here to ask a few questions before migrating:

1. Is CodeIgniter a really strong platform regarding security?
2. Do I have to update any themes, or plugins or whatever every now and then like I do in Wordpress ?
3. Is there a plugin or any way to migrate the existing websites to CodeIgniter without paying a fortune or getting a master degree in computing?
4. Can this migration be done in a SEO friendly way without loosing my current google rankings?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and patience.

I love the way these questions were structured. Much more importantly, I gained insights from the response.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB