Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 1.6.1 manual as chm or pdf??

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
Hi!
Where can I find the actual CI 1.6.1 manual as pdf, or better as chm help file?
I cannot find them...

[eluser]Sam Dark[/eluser]
As I know there are no such compilations but you will get manual as html + css with CI release.

[eluser]Bob Sawyer[/eluser]
Here ya go. I got tired of hunting around so I made PDFs myself.

The zip archive is roughly 11MB. Inside are two different versions:

1) The nicely-formatted version as found online, each page in a separate file, no linking, etc. I printed each page as a PDF from my local copy but since MacOS X doesn't have a native way to combine PDF files (not that I'm aware of anyway) they're all in separate files.

2) A single file containing every page of the guide. All hyperlinks work, both within the file and to external pages (like the forum, for example). I did this by opening Adobe Acrobat Pro on my PC at work and downloading the guide as web pages.

Note that this is version 1.6.1 only -- subsequent upgrades to the code will render this obsolete, I imagine.

http://www.pixelsandcode.net/ci/CI_161_PDF_Docs.zip

Enjoy!

Bob

[eluser]halex[/eluser]
Great! Thanks, Bob!

[eluser]Mahmoud M. Abdel-Fattah[/eluser]
[quote author="Bob Sawyer" date="1208225011"]Here ya go. I got tired of hunting around so I made PDFs myself.

The zip archive is roughly 11MB. Inside are two different versions:

1) The nicely-formatted version as found online, each page in a separate file, no linking, etc. I printed each page as a PDF from my local copy but since MacOS X doesn't have a native way to combine PDF files (not that I'm aware of anyway) they're all in separate files.

2) A single file containing every page of the guide. All hyperlinks work, both within the file and to external pages (like the forum, for example). I did this by opening Adobe Acrobat Pro on my PC at work and downloading the guide as web pages.

Note that this is version 1.6.1 only -- subsequent upgrades to the code will render this obsolete, I imagine.

http://www.pixelsandcode.net/ci/CI_161_PDF_Docs.zip

Enjoy!

Bob[/quote]

GRRRRRRRRRREAT man, I'm new to CI and I was looking for PDF one Smile

[eluser]Sue Crocker[/eluser]
Bob, it looks like that link is dead. Do you have a more recent one?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'd be interested as well....

[eluser]vile[/eluser]
Manual for developing web applications in PHP with Codeigniter 1.5 Codeigniter Manual 1.5

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Here's a packaged PDF version, minus installation instructions and some internal linking (oops).

http://sethbro.com/code_igniter/CodeIgni...rGuide.pdf

Incidentally, Acrobat apparently can't automate page breaks when converting from HTML, but this cool CSS-based PDF creator program called Prince I found in an ALA article about styling a printed book using CSS did exactly that. It could use some UI improvements, but was invaluable in making this document happen.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB