Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Would one more release candidate be in order?

I know there is a huge desire to release CI v4 in February and I'm totally in on that goal. But...

There have been a large number of commits since RC3 last October. Lots and lots of code and documentation changes. Wouldn't it be useful to get the current state of the "develop" branch in front of the widest audience possible for the next few weeks?

I know, I know. It represents a lot of work to consolidate all the pieces needed even for a release candidate. And with the sad, sad loss of Jim, we're in a tough spot trying to find someone to handle all he did to put RCs together. (And Lonnie cannot do it all!!!) But I still think it's the right thing to do.

I'm hoping to get an RC out in the next couple of days. We have 2 tasks marked for RC4. One is done but has a test failing I have to track down. And the other is docs that need to be created.

The repo does have very good docs that Jim put together on doing a release so hopefully it will go relatively smoothly, but I would still expect a rocky patch around the RC4 release. Smile But that's another good reason to do an RC before we try to release a final, right?

(01-29-2020, 02:50 PM)kilishan Wrote: But that's another good reason to do an RC before we try to release a final, right?

Yes indeed. Keep up the good work.

Sorry I don't have more time right now to help. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB