Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Expression Engine written in CI

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Employees get preview copies... hint, hint Wink

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Mmmm. Tempted..

Derek, was my assumption correct about wiki/forum/blogs? Since they're being broken down into CI MVC structure, it should be fairly snappy to include those with my own customized web app, correct?

That's the goal, yes.

http://www.derekallard.com/blog/post/exp...deignited/

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Derek, I am not sure about taking on a job but since I like CI so much, I would like to get involved. I know EE is a proprietary (?) software so I am not sure GNU type of collaboration isn't something you guys are looking for.

Would love any feedback.

I'm not sure what you're asking?

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
How can I chip in w/o getting a full time gig with you guys?

Keep doing exactly what you're doing. Write in these forums, help new users. On a more technical level, when people report bugs it is SUPER helpful to have them confirmed by the community. When people write new code, or offer bug fixes, it is SUPER helpful to have those tested by a knowledgable community. We need code to work in PHP 4 and 5, and we need it to work in broad environments. Too often I see code that is "this works for me, but I have tested it much", which you can imagine for something like CI and EE, with hundreds of thousands of installs isn't very helpufl Wink

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Derek.. i know i'm being the impatient little biatch here but how long do you think it'll take before EE is out? THe reason for asking is b/c I have to implement forum and blog pretty damn soon... if you guys are only weeks away, i might be able to wing it.. otherwise... ;< ... write my own.

I understand, we're all excited for it, but all we've said is "summer 2008". I'd advise you to build with what's possible now taewoo.

That said, this would be an ideal thing to use EE for now. Nothing you do will be wasted, it'll all upgrade beautifully, and while the CP is changing a bit, the underlying concepts in EE are not.

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Hey Derek.
Summer is here... well almost
Is EE here yet? Wink
ETA?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB