Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Run CI3 & CI4 Alongside

I have a large project that will take a lot of time to migrate (A Lot).  After reading an article in PHP Architect where someone ran two different PHP frameworks alongside each other and ported sections of the code.  They integrated the authentication systems to cross authenticate and then when done just moved to the new Auth system.

Is anyone looking at doing this?  Is there anything with CI4 & 3 that would make this not work?  Does anyone have enough experience with CI4 that could give some suggestions?  I was planning to use myth-auth for the new CI4 authentication.

Thanks

I have one project like this, but so far I have only ported the admin console sections to CI4 which already used a separate auth, so I have yet to cross the bridge of a common auth. Myth:Auth is nice that it has a lot of features but at the end of the day an active session just means $_SESSION['logged_in'] is the current user ID, so that should be pretty easy to hijack in CI3. No other flags I can think of for passing back and forth between the two, just make sure cache (etc) prefixes don't overlap for non-compatible components.

MGatner - Thanks for the feedback, that all makes sense.  I will give that a try and see how I make out.  

I appreciate it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB