Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How can I contribute in documentation?

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 03:29 AM by dhavalc017.)

I had two questions regarding contributing to the documentation.

First, If I find an error in the documentation, where can I report it? Will it be appropriate for filing a bug report on github for such errors. For example on the following link : https://codeigniter4.github.io/userguide...ation.html , code in the second last snippet where MySalesConfig is declared doesn't work because it has the property of $registrars which is `protected`, however, the base class has the property defined with `public static` access.

Second, I have some ideas which might improve the documentation, such as the section of Migrations. For such ideas where will it be appropriate to discuss?

Hi, thanks for wanting to contribute to the framework and welcome to the forum!

If you have the knowledge to correct it yourself, you should make a pull request on the development branch on Github. Please make sure to read the Contribution for the project.

Some tips on how to write the documentation. And the readme on the userguide itself. These two are currently being re-written by me to support Python 3, as they aren't up to date. It will also be easier to get started, as I didn't get an correctly built html...

The documentation itself are written in the reStructuredText format.

If there are an error in the documentation and you don't know how to fix it yourself, you can file an issue on Github. If it's a feature request or you want to discuss things (new chapters, modifications etc) open a thread on the forum. Either CodeIgniter 4 Discussion or CodeIgniter 4 Feature Requests works fine.

(03-20-2020, 11:15 AM)jreklund Wrote: Hi, thanks for wanting to contribute to the framework and welcome to the forum!

If you have the knowledge to correct it yourself, you should make a pull request on the development branch on Github. Please make sure to read the Contribution for the project.

Some tips on how to write the documentation. And the readme on the userguide itself. These two are currently being re-written by me to support Python 3, as they aren't up to date. It will also be easier to get started, as I didn't get an correctly built html...

The documentation itself are written in the reStructuredText format.

If there are an error in the documentation and you don't know how to fix it yourself, you can file an issue on Github. If it's a feature request or you want to discuss things (new chapters, modifications etc) open a thread on the forum. Either CodeIgniter 4 Discussion or CodeIgniter 4 Feature Requests works fine.

Thank you Jreklund. I shall review the user guide and other relevant links that you have shared here on the post. Is it alright for you if I post here regarding any relevant questions to the documentation here?

Of course, just ask away if you get stuck on a specific part. Hopefully we will have Pull request #2671 in place soon, so it can be easier to get started for everyone.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB