Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
bcrypt

I am trying to use bcrypt and I know that the hash is always different when the bcrypt is used, but I am told that I should get the hashed password from the database, and use the non hashed password from the login form, use some method magic, and hey, it should work, right?

I won't paste all the code, just sections that are for the password.

Well, for me that isn't the case and I was wondering if you can take a look my code below. Also its not complete, some things you will see just to test.

(05-14-2020, 04:44 AM)thongminh Wrote: I am trying to use bcrypt and I know that the hash is always different when the bcrypt is used, but I am told that I should get the hashed password from the database, and use the non hashed password from the login form, use some method magic, and hey, it should work, right?

I won't paste all the code, just sections that are for the password.

Well, for me that isn't the case and I was wondering if you can take a look my code below. Also its not complete, some things you will see just to test.

Hash the password from input and save it. On login attempts, hash the attempted password and see if it matches. PHP has builtin password_hash() and password_verify() methods.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB