Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My first CI app, suggestions?

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi guys
I've finished my little first CI app (for demoing to a client)

http://www.beza.com.ar/demos/

It is in spanish, and well, the only option that works is "Clientes"
It is a full CRUD that took long time (due it is my first CI app) but I hope to optimize it for doing the rest (in case I get this approved)

Any suggestions? Does someone want me to post the whole code?

Thanks a lot in advance

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Good job and congrats on your first project. I do not see anything that stands out to me to make suggestions to.

It would be nice to check out your code, interested in seeing your CRUD.

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Actually yes, the CRUD would be quite interesting to look at.

Looks good - Well done!

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi guys
Thanks 4 your comments

Here is the code. Some things are in spanish, but the basic function calls, etc. are the ones you'll understand. I've uploaded it to RS. hope it is ok

http://rapidshare.com/files/108447297/de...s.zip.html

I think The CRUD part of this is kinda large, and well, I think the views are "cloned" a lot. I'd love to simplify the views a little more (if possible). I mean, to leave the less possible code for each option. I think I could separate header/footer, but well, I think that it can be optimized a little more

Hope you can tell me some suggestions

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
hey, I can fill in in the email field whatever I want... You could check with the validation class if its an email adres...

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
One other thing is i keep getting 404 errors from CI when i click on links on your demo. I have not downloaded the code.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="gunter" date="1208571199"]hey, I can fill in in the email field whatever I want... You could check with the validation class if its an email adres...[/quote]

Yes, you're right. I didn't put any validation in the forms. I don't know how to do it with CI. I was going to put simple JS validation, but I think this won't be the best way to go, right?

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="WackyWebs.net" date="1208571396"]One other thing is i keep getting 404 errors from CI when i click on links on your demo. I have not downloaded the code.[/quote]

Yes, because I've built only the "CLIENTS" (Clientes) controller. All the other menu options are the rest of the controllers.
But: once I have optimized the "CLIENTS" controller fully, I'll use it as a base for developing the rest ones.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB