Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI4 - Hamburger welcome_message not working with JavaScript disabled

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 09:46 PM by John_Betong.)

Ver: 4.0.3 - Github Build: 77a32b0

If it essential to have JavaScript enabled should there be a mention somewhere or a <noscript> message? 

Curious to know where else it is essential to have JavaScript enabled.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 09:28 AM by dave friend.)

(05-19-2020, 09:45 PM)John_Betong Wrote: Curious to know where else it is essential to have JavaScript enabled.

Where is it not essential? How many websites can you find that do not use JavaScript?

If your actual question is, "Where else does the framework use JavaScript?" the answer is nowhere. You could have found the answer for yourself by searching for "<script>" in the source code.

(05-20-2020, 09:03 AM)dave friend Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 09:45 PM)John_Betong Wrote: Curious to know where else it is essential to have JavaScript enabled.

Where is it not essential? How many websites can you find that do not use JavaScript?

If your actual question is, "Where else does the framework use JavaScript?" the answer is nowhere. You could have found the answer for yourself by searching for "<script>" in the source code.
I just searched for""<script" and found: 85 matches across 22 files. Most of the results relate to Kint. 

I believe some companies, governments and a quite a few individuals have JavaScript disabled and this would prevent the Hamburger from working.

JavaScript is a user choice and if enabling essential then have a alert stating JavaScipt is essential.

I believe there are also scripts available that enable HTML standard links if JavaScript is not enabled and also CSS scripts that do not require JavaScript to make the Hamburger work as required..

(05-20-2020, 09:06 PM)John_Betong Wrote: I just searched for""<script" and found: 85 matches across 22 files. Most of the results relate to Kint. 

Look closer John. There isn't any javascript utilized or required in a production environment.

The Hamburger js your so worried about is hardcoded into welcome_message.php the "Welcome to CodeIgniter" view that is only ever seen by developers setting up a new project.

The Kint stuff is all about debugging.

I am quite certain that if you want to submit a PR with <noscript> alternate content it would be given all due consideration.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 09:40 PM by John_Betong.)

(05-20-2020, 10:38 PM)dave friend Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 09:06 PM)John_Betong Wrote: I just searched for""<script" and found: 85 matches across 22 files. Most of the results relate to Kint. 

Look closer John. There isn't any javascript utilized or required in a production environment.

The Hamburger js your so worried about is hardcoded into welcome_message.php the "Welcome to CodeIgniter" view that is only ever seen by developers setting up a new project.

The Kint stuff is all about debugging.

I am quite certain that if you want to submit a PR with <noscript> alternate content it would be given all due consideration.
OK, point taken about JavaScript only being in the "welcome_message" and Kint. Developers should know better Smile

Perhaps I should have investigate a little further before posting Sad 

Sorry Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB