Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
looking to convert the first page or two of excel to an image

Is there any type of library that will do this? My goal is to store the image of the first page or two of an excel file in mySQL database. I have the same need to do this for a pdf file. Any ideas? I have a Chrome extension that will do this but the user must first display the spreadsheet in chrome run the extension, which is a little 'mickey mouse'.
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 08:01 PM by John_Betong.)

(05-24-2020, 05:56 PM)richb201 Wrote: Is there any type of library that will do this? My goal is to store the image of the first page or two of an excel file in mySQL database. I have the same need to do this for a pdf file. Any ideas? I have a Chrome extension that will do this but the user must first display the spreadsheet in chrome run the extension, which is a little 'mickey mouse'.

I have tried several and found the following GitHub library  to best suit my needs:

https://github.com/PHPOffice/PhpSpreadsheet

I must add that the conversion from the Excel Spreadsheet is quite involved. If it is possible it is far easier to save the Spreadsheet results as a CSV file because PHP can convert the CSV file into a table far easier.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB