Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Starting a CI 4 project: best auth library?

If it helps any, I do plan to try to get a 4.0.4 out in the next month so Myth:Auth would then work with an official release.

I'd like to try Myth:Auth but am not sure what versions of Myth:Auth & CI4 would be best together. Looking through this thread I've found the following:

@includebeer: I use Myth:Auth beta 2 with CI 4.0.3 and it's working fine.

@MGatner: I also can tell you I'm using Myth:Auth very happily in production now and it is quite solid
@InsiteFX: I use the development branch and it runs just fine for me

Has anything changed since these posts? Can anyone summarise the best current combination to use?

I'm fairly new to CI & have been creating apps the app-starter Composer way up to now - assume that won't cause any problems. 

Grateful for any advice - thanks.

Beta 3 uses a feature that is only found in the current develop branch of CI. Beta-2 works with released versions of CI4.

(06-05-2020, 06:33 AM)kilishan Wrote: Beta 3 uses a feature that is only found in the current develop branch of CI. Beta-2 works with released versions of CI4.

Thanks. Then would you recommend using Myth-Auth Beta-2 with stable CI4.0.3? 

I thought a previous post said that Beta-2 had a security problem that was fixed in Beta-3. Have I misunderstood that, was it wrong or is it not a bit risk?

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 06:46 AM by jim1001.)

>Have I misunderstood that, was it wrong or is it not a bit risk?

I meant big risk. Anyway, maybe 4.0.4 will arrive before, then no need to answer this ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB