Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Which Operating System do CI developers use?

[eluser]hvalente13[/eluser]
Dev and Test: Windows Vista (came with laptop), needed to accounting software
Can't afford to buy a mac
Server: Linux - Opensuse 11 (mainly because of yast)

It's a local server!

See it here: http://www.centrodial.com

[eluser]Matthieu Fauveau[/eluser]
Development : Windows Vista Ultimate (paid by my company so don't flame me guys Wink) + VMWare Ubuntu VM (strictly identical to our servers default configuration except for the hardware) setup with Samba for easy file access under Vista.
Testing : IE Tester (extremly useful) and ultimately a VMWare Windows XP VM with IE 6 inside just to be sure.

As for the IDE I'm using E Texteditor while wishing someday it will be as good as Coda which is the only software that made me once think of getting a Mac (but just that one time).

Don't throw me rocks but I still don't think Mac are worth spending money on. If I could have all my favorites software under Linux and the ability to run Mac softwares on Linux I'll definitely go to Ubuntu as my main Development platform. Unfortunately, Photoshop is not as good on Wine as on Vista. And the statements goes for a bunch of other apps that I use daily.

Sure Mac are pretty but no, I'm not giving my money to Steve Jobs Smile

N/B : This post is not intended to start a flame war. Really.

[eluser]shaffick[/eluser]
Laptop: OSX

Previous job: Windows XP

Current job: Vista <-- not a big fan of vista.

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
I use Windows Vista mainly because I don't have the money to buy a mac and photoshop doesn't run all that well on Linux. If I wasn't an armature photographer I would be all linux.

I do have a CentOS home server that I develop on if that counts for anything Wink

[eluser]andreagam[/eluser]
Mac is my mate
I don't really feel comfortable when I'm on a PC.
And it's not just the way it looks...

And, hey, aren't we professional? A few bucks more or less aren't an issue for my job machine.
What if you were a taxi driver? You'd buy the cheapest car or a car you're comfortable with?
And the price gap could be waaay bigger...

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
Quote:And, hey, aren’t we professional? A few bucks more or less aren’t an issue for my job machine.
I should also mention that I'm a CE (Computer Engineering) Major. So a PC is require for some of the stuff I do, however there is always VMware... One of the designers out at where I work use it on his G5, simply amazing.

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
[quote author="Matthieu Fauveau" date="1216716975"]If I could have all my favorites software under Linux and the ability to run Mac softwares on Linux I'll definitely go to Ubuntu as my main Development platform. Unfortunately, Photoshop is not as good on Wine as on Vista. And the statements goes for a bunch of other apps that I use daily.[/quote]

So true. One day they will get a powerful VM for linux and then everyone can throw their PC's (which I use most) and Mac's (so darn cool) out the window.

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
MS-DOS

[eluser]packetfox[/eluser]
FreeBSD and OpenBSD for Servers, also have a Laptop running OpenBSD i do a lot of coding on. Otherwise, OSX Laptop.

[eluser]dark_lord[/eluser]
WinXP for Development, and Linux for Server.

Komodo for IDE

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB