Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
not keeping sessions
Question 
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 11:12 PM by jreklund.)

Hello,
I copy my site to a new server with the same domain name and just switch the domain name of the original server.
Now the old server is still working fine with the new domain name, but the migrated content with the original domain name has a session issue.
I can see the login happens, but the user is logged out instantaneously.
It's happening with the admin and all other accounts. I can create new account, but the same issue happening to the newly created user.
I am copied over the same database with same names and credentials.

original contents under new url is **redacted**
migrated contents under original url is **redacted**

Feel free to create new user on both and see if you can help me understand what is going.

thank you.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Just found out the issue.
php version is the culprit!

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 11:14 PM by jreklund.)

Hi, can you be more specific on what version of CI 3 you have. And what PHP-version you switched from and into, so others can do the same in the future. In case they encounter the same problem.

(06-15-2020, 11:13 PM)jreklund Wrote: Hi, can you be more specific on what version of CI 3 you have. And what PHP-version you switched from and into, so others can do the same in the future. In case they encounter the same problem.
Sorry.
I was using codeigniter v. 3.x on php 7, I switched to new without paying attention to the new php version. There was not error, just at after every login I was immediately logged out. I created a new account, but was immediately logged so I figure there was an issue with session. After 3 days I couldn't figure out the issue Angry  until I had the click to check php and make sure setting is the same on new server.  Big Grin very happy it all work out.

It's very sad though there is no other way to upgrade codeigniter from v3 to v4 than a complete rebuild.

Okay, thanks for the information.

I'm afraid we have had technical debt for so long, so if we didn't do a complete re-write of the framework we would still be 6 years behind everybody else. So everything where scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up, so that's why you just can't change out the system folder as you used too.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB