Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The future of Codeigniter
Tongue 

Is I'm only the only who does not watch any videos of this guy  Tongue  Tongue

I start with CI 2.0.3 and built at least 125-150 web site/web application around CI framework.  (CI 2.0.3 to 3.1.11)

Reason i use CI over others
  • Stable core(99% works are one time implement,Client do not pay for maintenance or i did not charge for maintenance .Every time CI upgrade i replace system folder,so all works running on current latest version,imagine guy start with laravel 3.0 and upgrade to latest version  Tongue )Create my own code generator and assign to famous admin panel theme. build login,access level,site configuration etc around it that can use for almost every project,upload it to bitbucket repo and maintain up to date,so every time creating new CI work with basic admin panel could do within 5 min
         Very good documentation

99% common problems solution can find on documentation,plus if you know how to use google search can get correct result on first that that available on stackoverflow (i think this main reason why CI does not have active forum users like others,why you have to come forum for asked issue/solution when you can do it yourself) )

Server resources
         Site/Application does not need much server resources unlike other frameworks.. GoDaddy shared hosting 1st plan enough for run CI basic site

Less security issued
         if you follow guide correctly and use best available CI resources (form validation,active record,html_escape etc),you will have very less security issues..

What i understand over last 8 years.. most of haters have no idea why they hating,they simply hating it because others saying it bad.99% haters never use it for actual build

(06-26-2020, 02:11 AM)DarkKnight Wrote: Is I'm only the only who does not watch any videos of this guy  Tongue  Tongue 

You’re not the only one. He talks like he’s God’s gift to the CI community and he didn’t post a single message on this forum in the last 5 years! He’s a nobody.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

@codeNet
His code generator is... not something new. Other frameworks (I don't know about CI) allow you to generate boilerplate code for CRUD operations or for authentications etc. The only thing he's done is build an interface with electron to do that job because he is apparently allergic to the terminal. Everybody could do that with some minimum knowledge of JS.

Personally I find next to 0 use case for this and would certainly not buy, I could make my own however I just use snippets and other projects I have worked on for that purpose. I guess to each their own.

"The dogs bark, but the caravan goes by"

(06-25-2020, 01:33 PM)marcogmonteiro Wrote: I would be available to help out on the website front. How can I go about getting involved in that?

Could you PM your email address?

(06-26-2020, 04:58 AM)Fropeasithey Wrote: @codeNet
His code generator is... not something new. Other frameworks (I don't know about CI) allow you to generate boilerplate code for CRUD operations or for authentications etc. The only thing he's done is build an interface with electron to do that job because he is apparently allergic to the terminal. Everybody could do that with some minimum knowledge of JS.

Personally I find next to 0 use case for this and would certainly not buy, I could make my own however I just use snippets and other projects I have worked on for that purpose. I guess to each their own.

I know the concept is nothing new, but it was a step-up from CRUDigniter for generating the boilerplate code. Re the other frameworks, please let me know what you refer to here? I would like to try them out. I know Yii has 'GUI', which allows for crud to be created from inside the app, this is a much better idea than a separate electron app IMO and is something CI would benefit from.

I can see a huge use case when creating apps from scratch with a tool like this, As you say - each to their own.

(06-26-2020, 07:21 AM)codeNet Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 04:58 AM)Fropeasithey Wrote: @codeNet

I know the concept is nothing new, but it was a step-up from CRUDigniter for generating the boilerplate code. Re the other frameworks, please let me know what you refer to here? I would like to try them out. I know Yii has 'GUI', which allows for crud to be created from inside the app, this is a much better idea than a separate electron app IMO and is something CI would benefit from.

I can see a huge use case when creating apps from scratch with a tool like this, As you say - each to their own.

Well, not sure if it's appropriate to post this here, but look at SF for instance for authentication page: https://symfony.com/doc/current/security...setup.html

I am sure your favourite search engine will help you find those.

I also work with Spring Boot (Java) and you literaly write almost no line of code for things like authentication or CRUD operations and many many other things. This enables you to quickly focus on your business logic. Really, my point being that the problem he is trying to solve... has already been solved and in a much better way than his "code generator".

"5,000 Codeigniter developers in my back pocket"
It'd be great if they helped.
You can see things I made with codeigniter here: itart.pro its not overly impressive as I have very little time to learn.

The thread started out interesting, but it quickly got to a point where it seemed like there's no one to talk to...
I personally don't find CI4 bad at all. Been building a new marketplace with it, and so far it's been working out great.

There are a couple of things I disliked (the translation, or magic methods in entities for ex.), but I exchanged some of those with my own solution, which worked out great. This is actually one of the beauties of CI4, you can very easily move around.

When I choose a framework, I look at the following things:

1. Speed (Don't want to end up with a bloated website, just to end up feeling it was a bad choice)
  2. Flexibility (I learned to code in C, therefore I'm well aware of the low level programming, and I hate it whenever a framework is limiting me of achieving very specific edge cases)
  3. Difficulty (The point of a framework is to speed up development, if it takes more time to get around the framework, then I'm better of with my own solutions)
So far CI4 seems to get these mostly right, therefore it's my first choice.

I think we need to be teaching every student php. PHP is the future of modern web development. Frameworks like CI4 are the best we have to offer in regards to technological capabilities. I haven't seen anything better in the last 10 years I've been part of the web development industry. I love CI and want to see its engineers strive to create the future.

well in regard to php at least it uses object orientated php and therefore at least those who have learnt php the "proper way" can easily understand CI4 and also write their own Class and methods and integrate it with CI4. I think this contrasts with say WordPress which as far as I can see uses as its central concept the global "function" of php put not class nor method

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB