Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cart and Paypal integration

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 06:39 AM by jreklund.)

I am beginner in CodeIgniter. I think CodeIgniter is the best framework in the world. I think of these features are available in codeigniter , it will be great.
  1. payment integration(paypal) library
  2. cart library
When making an e-commerch site it must be to add this system in site.
So if codeigniter provides this fetures internally . It will be very helpful for developer. It also create attract to the developer to use codeigniter.
please add payment integration(paypal) library that a developer can integrate just write one or two code.
please add this feature soon.

That's not something that will be bundled with the framework itself, the Cart library where abandoned as there are already one-click solutions out there adding e-commerce solutions. Maybe someone will build an entire e-shop solution on top of CodeIgniter some day. Like bagisto did with Laravel.

i once did integrate PayPal into a php framework using paypay restAPI ; that was a few years ago .

I remember it well since i got James Turing a living descendant of Alan Turing to test it by buying something.

The display of items , with hidden ID and then coding so items were removed after someone bought something was bad enough. But the nail in the coffin for me was a shift in the level of support from Paypal.

There was an obvious bug in paypay code; to communicate with Paypal was a nightmare and then they updated
things without any decent documentation. Basically the quality of developers working on the code and help from them went downhill dramatically.

I don't know if that has changed but i for one wouldn't rush back to PayPal

I recommend Omnipay. It’s made by the PHP League and basically let’s you learn one payment framework and then integrate with almost any payment gateway (PayPal included): https://github.com/thephpleague/omnipay-paypal/

On PayPal specifically I see they have PHP SDKs posted on their developer site so integration should be easy. But I agree with jreklund, I don’t think such a thing will ever have a place in the core framework.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB