Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Calender in Codeigniter 4

I cannot see any thing related to calendar. Niether class nor any calendar library is available in Codeigniter 4. Please Help.

@purbaphalguni,

There are plenty of calendar libraries that you could integrate into CI4. Remember that CI4 gives you the ability to pick and choose what features you want.

I'm not sure what you want for a calendar, but make sure you've checked out I18n implementation:

https://codeigniter4.github.io/CodeIgnit.../time.html

(07-07-2020, 09:53 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @purbaphalguni,

There are plenty of calendar libraries that you could integrate into CI4.  Remember that CI4 gives you the ability to pick and choose what features you want.
Thank you for your Reply. By Calendar I meant the Calendar Library that was available in CI version less than 4. The template of calendar. The library which we loaded by the code this->load->library('calendar');

It would be helpful if you could send me some links or any example where a calendar is implemented with CI 4.

(07-07-2020, 10:17 AM)MGatner Wrote: I'm not sure what you want for a calendar, but make sure you've checked out I18n implementation:

https://codeigniter4.github.io/CodeIgnit.../time.html
By calendar I meant the template and library available on CI 2 and CI 3. We used the code below to generate a calendar on older  versions of Codeigniter remember?

$this->prefs = array(
            'start_day' => 'monday',
            'month_type' => 'long',
            'day_type' => 'abr',
            'show_next_prev' => TRUE,
            'next_prev_url' => base_url() . 'attendance_hr/show_calendar'
        );
        $this->prefs['template'] = '
  {table_open}<table class="calendar" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">{/table_open}
  {heading_row_start}<tr class="heading_row">{/heading_row_start}
  {heading_previous_cell}<th><a class="previous_url bg_dissolve" href="{previous_url}">Prev</a></th>{/heading_previous_cell}
  {heading_title_cell}<th class="heading_calendar" colspan="{colspan}" title="{monyear}">{heading}</th>{/heading_title_cell}
  {heading_next_cell}<th><a class="next_url bg_dissolve" href="{next_url}">Next</a></th>{/heading_next_cell}
  {heading_row_end}</tr>{/heading_row_end}
  {week_row_start}<tr class="week_row">{/week_row_start}
  {week_day_cell}<td class="week_day">{week_day}</td>{/week_day_cell}
  {week_row_end}</tr>{/week_row_end}
  {cal_row_start}<tr>{/cal_row_start}
  {cal_cell_start}<td class="cal_cell bg_dissolve">{/cal_cell_start}
  {cal_cell_content}
        <div class="cal_cell_div">
            <p class="day_p">{day}</p>
            <span class="content_calendar">{content}</span>
        </div>
  {/cal_cell_content}
  {cal_cell_content_today}<div class="highlight"><a class="day_p" href="{content}">{day}</a><span class="content_calendar">{content}</span></div>{/cal_cell_content_today}
  {cal_cell_no_content}
        <div class="cal_cell_div">
            <p class="day_p">{day}</p>
        </div>
  {/cal_cell_no_content}
  {cal_cell_no_content_today}<div class="day_p highlight">{day}</div>{/cal_cell_no_content_today}
  {cal_cell_blank}&nbsp;{/cal_cell_blank}
  {cal_cell_end}</td>{/cal_cell_end}
  {cal_row_end}</tr>{/cal_row_end}
  {table_close}</table>{/table_close}
';

I did not find the above implementation in CI 4. What to do? Should we use JQUERY. Do you know any 3rd party library for codeigniter 4 calendar? Can you provide some links or any example?

I think what you're looking for is this: https://packagist.org/packages/fullcalen...llcalendar
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

(07-08-2020, 02:13 AM)marcogmonteiro Wrote: I think what you're looking for is this: https://packagist.org/packages/fullcalen...llcalendar

https://codeigniter.com/userguide3/libraries/calendar.html?highlight=calendar

The above url pertains to Calendaring Class. This is missing in codeigniter 4. I want to know if it is there in codeigniter 4. Actually, I was migrating the project made in codeigniter 3 to codeigniter 4. I saw there was nothing related to calendaring class or template of calendar in codeigniter 4. I want to know am I wrong or will this feature be available on future version of codeigniter?

Hi, currently there are no plans on implementing the Calender library in CodeIgniter 4. That and other libraries where dropped.

If you have the know-how you are more than welcome porting it so it can become an module, as that's our approach now days. Instead of bundling it directly into the framework itself, we will in the future provide features as stand-alone. Keeping CodeIgniter slim as possible.

(07-08-2020, 05:02 AM)jreklund Wrote: Hi, currently there are no plans on implementing the Calender library in CodeIgniter 4. That and other libraries where dropped.

If you have the know-how you are more than welcome porting it so it can become an module, as that's our approach now days. Instead of bundling it directly into the framework itself, we will in the future provide features as stand-alone. Keeping CodeIgniter slim as possible.
Oh... Thanks for your reply...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB