Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is codeitner 4 LTS version

Hi
I have developed an application on codeigniter 3 recently. But I have seen that codeigntier 4 has released in this mean time. So I need to upgrade it again to codeigniter 4.0

But before upgrading I need to know if the codeigniter 4.0 LTS version. Is this codeigniter 4.0 LTS version? Can anybody please let me know?
Thank you
Using Codeigniter since 2016 ( skype: imranertaza )

I don't think codeigniter has a LTS release cycle. But from the history of codeigniter versions you can see that versions normally are supported for a long time. With that in mind I'd say that codeigniter 4 will be supported for quite a lot of time.
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

Ok Thank you for the answer. But should I start working with codeigniter 4 as it's development is still underway?
And Does codeigniter 4 version officially released? Some people said that codeigniter 4 is not officially released yet. Can you please let me clear this?
Thank you

As of 2020-02-24, CodeIgniter 4 have officially been released (left release candidate). There are no roadmap when CI4 will be obsolete, we don't really follow the whole LTS thing. This are the new version, and are the one most contributors are working on.

Hi
Thank you.
But what does it mean by "left release candidate" please? what are the relesase candidates?

CodeIgniter have had the following development cycle. A release candidate (RC) are a version nearly finished. If no new problems are discovered, a real release can be made (4.0.0).

CodeIgniter 4.0.0 alpha.1
CodeIgniter 4.0.0 alpha.2
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-alpha.3
CodeIgniter 4.0.0 alpha.4
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-alpha.5
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-beta.1
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-beta.3
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-beta.4
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-rc.1
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-rc.2
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-rc.2.1
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-rc.3
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-RC.4

We are now on 4.0.4 and no longer in alpha, beta or release candidate. It's officially released.

Hi
Thank you.
So can you please tell me what does this message means in codeigniter website?
I have seen this information from codeigniter website "CodeIgniter 3 (current), CodeIgniter 4 (future)"
Why does this codeigniter 4 version is for future? and current version is 3?
And
I have also found this information in codeigniter "Development is underway, and the current version is v4.0.4."
Can you please make me clear these?
Thank you

Our website are currently CodeIgniter 3 focused, and will be changed into CodeIgniter 4 focus with version 4.1, that are due on 30 Nov 2020. We are remaking it from the ground up, so two different teams. One for the framework and one for website, and due to some unforeseen circumferences we missed 4.0 deadline and aiming for 4.1 instead.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB