Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
View cell controllers in a folder

Hi, I started using view cells, which is really nice. I have the logic in App\Controllers and it works like a charm. Now I want to move them to App\Controllers\ViewCells folder, but I get an error.

"Unable to locate view cell class: \App\Controllers\ViewCells\DialogSound."

Any idea on how to solve this? Controllers seems to be the place for them since they inherit the basecontroller as well. They need some data.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 01:00 PM by jreklund.)

Hi, you need to show us some code, on how you try to load it. And information on how you named them. As case sensitivity are importent.

Did you change the namespace when you moved them?
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(08-19-2020, 01:00 PM)jreklund Wrote: Hi, you need to show us some code, on how you try to load it. And information on how you named them. As case sensitivity are importent.

From the view:

PHP Code:
<?= view_cell('\App\Controllers\ViewCells\DialogSound::index'?>

app/Controllers/ViewCells/DialogSound.php (controller):

PHP Code:
namespace App\Controllers;

class 
DialogSound extends BaseController
{
    public function index()
    {
        $data['user'] = $this->datalib::$user;

return view('viewCells/dialog_sound'$data);
    }

I tried changing the namespace to App\Controllers\ViewCells but then it wasn't the same as the BaseController.

(08-20-2020, 03:08 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Did you change the namespace when you moved them?

I tried... with App\Controllers\ViewCells - the same as the folder structure. But it extends BaseController which uses App\Controllers. My PHP knowledge is not good enough to figure this one out Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2020, 08:40 AM by jreklund.)

Hi, this should do the trick.

PHP Code:
namespace App\Controllers\ViewCells;

use \
App\Controllers\BaseController;
// rest as is 

or

PHP Code:

class 
DialogSound extends \App\Controllers\BaseController
// rest as is 

(08-20-2020, 08:39 AM)jreklund Wrote: Hi, this should do the trick.

PHP Code:

use \
App\Controllers\BaseController;
// rest as is 

or

PHP Code:

class 
DialogSound extends \App\Controllers\BaseController
// rest as is 

OMG it did! You are a legend! Thank you very much Smile Proof of my lacking PHP skills.

While you are here.... do you know if it's bad for performance to have 3-6 of these view cells on a single page? I have a template and I rather not have all data put into it. It becomes a mess quickly.

Your welcome, namespacing itself are quite old, but I just learned it two years ago. And now I can't go back...

No, that's a rather small number, as I would do that for all my widgets. But remember to utilize some sort of cache, either in the view cell themselves or cache the entire page.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB