Database Interface

[eluser]T-kuz[/eluser]
Ehm, I wanna ask about database. If I ever want to edit add or erase my table or its contents with gui like in the scaffolding feature, but can have many tables to edit. Can I have some example of the source code with the explanation? I know..It's sound silly. But I'm a new user at php and CI anyway. So I've still got many things to learn.

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
If using mysql you can download phpMyAdmin which will allows you to do exactly what you require. This comes already installed with xampp(an apache mysql distribution) on http://localhost/phpmyadmin/.

[eluser]T-kuz[/eluser]
What if I want to embed it on my webpage? Can I embed phpMyAdmin on my webpage? My real intention is to make other admin in other location can edit the database freely. How's that?

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
You could but what is the point when there is something powerful out there for free, like PMA. You could integrated PMA into your app.

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
PMA (phpMyAdmin) is a web based application that you can access via the internet. - ANYWHERE. My suggestion is that you at least protect it against the public, otherwise anyone would have access to it.

[eluser]T-kuz[/eluser]
Thanks for the replies. Yea, I thought so too..But however..in my project it's necessary to be able to edit the database from other location than server. Hmm, how do you suggest?

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
If you want to let people have your Database user and pass then I would suggest using PMA, but if you don't want to let that information, then you will have to code the creates and edits yourself.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew