Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
guidance on a GUI

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 04:24 AM by richb201.)

My app uses ci_simplicity to create this menu scheme. it is horizontal and not very appealing visually. I have seen more modern layouts, for example I viewed the Fusion Auth website. They have a vertical menuing layout that seems much more modern with submenu choices. 

Where can I find a tool that will allow me to create a more modern UI like the one fusion auth uses? Something with submenu items rather than all choices at a single level? What is such a tool called?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Allow me to suggest the w3schools website with the bootstrap tutorial:
https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap4/

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 05:53 AM by richb201.)

thx. I see a bunch of Bootstrap 4 templates. Some of them are very close to what I want.  Here is a (free) template I would like to use https://startbootstrap.github.io/startbo...b-admin-2/. I have unzipped it into my views folder. But what now? I don't see any directions.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 06:25 AM by richb201.)

Well in looking how ci_synchronicity works I see that  $this->output->set_template('default2'); where default2.php is the template for the menuing. Can I assume that I should change the index.html that comes with starting_bootstrap  template should be changed to a php file and then loaded with set template?

Where do I set the views directory? Right now it is pointing at "views/themes". I need it to point at views/startbootstrap-sb-admin-gh-pages. This way when I call $this->output->set_template('index'); it will get index.php out of the correct directory. 

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 11:09 AM by InsiteFX.)

Why don't you just use the boilerplate that is in the addins forum that has Myth/Auth and AdminLTE?

BoilerPlate

DRY KISS
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 01:04 PM by richb201.)

Thanks, I had no idea these were up there. There are loty of free templates but they don't have directions on how to use them with CI. I just found this: stisla-codeigniter that seems to fit the bill. Unfortunately, this seems to be removed.

AdminLTE seems to be possible if I can figure out how to get it to work with CI.

It's easy just download Myth/Auth and install it from the readme.md
Then install Boilerplate from the readme.md

I have it all running here just fine.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB