Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Kohana 2.1.1 vs CodeIgniter 1.6.1

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
at my own opinions, we have enough "live" solution and "live" website to be able to make choice there.

Why not let Ci website and documentation tell what is CI, and keep talking here about ci AND let kohana website and documentation tell what is kohana.

No winner, no looser there no matter what.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
K's Modules are Zach's Modules, ORM is Canglan's, Loader deprecation is obvious with PHP5 __autoload and should probably never have been used in the first place.

With time and patience anyone should be able to make the next generation of any system better. It would be a joke otherwise.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1208972456"]K's Modules are Zach's Modules, ORM is Canglan's[/quote]
Nuhuh. K's modules are for extending the core, not organizing the application. K's ORM is similar to Buddy Bradley's Rails inspired Active Record.

[eluser]zombor[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1208955179"](but they'll propably steal or copy our ideas as usual)[/quote]

Are you *serious*?!? Have you looked at the kohana source code in the last few months?

* El Forum sighs...

[eluser]Kemik[/eluser]
I predict this thread will end up locked.

It's impossible to have a discussion like this in a forum for either party. It's like an Everton fan going in to Liverpool forums and saying "Which is the better team?"

[eluser]zombor[/eluser]
[quote author="Kemik" date="1208986881"]I predict this thread will end up locked.

It's impossible to have a discussion like this in a forum for either party. It's like an Everton fan going in to Liverpool forums and saying "Which is the better team?"[/quote]

I'm more than willing to have a decent conversation without looking at flaming posts. Every framework has it's place and it's userbase it can hold. I have no ill will against CI, it's users, developers or codebase =)

I think the original poster has a pretty good list of pros and cons, although the cons he claims for kohana is only bad if you are expecting things to work and act like CI. If you look at the two frameworks as separate entities (as they are now), those cons go away.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
i like the zombor comment.

hope this will be closed as is.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
[quote author="Rick Jolly" date="1208985591"]
Nuhuh. K's modules are for extending the core, not organizing the application. K's ORM is similar to Buddy Bradley's Rails inspired Active Record.[/quote]

Yes sorry, Buddy Bradley's ORM, my mistake there.

[eluser]codeamanny[/eluser]
As a newbie, here its really great to have the choice, Kohana def needs more shine and better, doc. CI is just beautiful and easy.

I would prefer a bit of transparency ref releases but you can't have everything. Perhaps as more poeple come to kohana it will improve.

(Can I also just say how amazingly useful this thread is... please keep it going)

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
At some point, if this thread stay opened, maybe the owner the the thread could add more pro and con with other framework, cakephp, symfony, picora etc. etc.

make it useful, not just boring repetition.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB