Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to encrypt my code?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi community...
I have developed an application and I want to encrypt my pages... I want to know which tools may I use to do this :question:

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
If you really want to encrypt your code, there are a few out there but it requires the server to have the decoder installed which can be a hassle for the client. you do know that php code is not sent to the browser, so know one with out ftp access, the client or you will be able to see all your php code.

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
If you don't need the strong security encryption has, you can use an obfuscator. An obfuscator often removes newlines (and sometimes unneded whitespace) from the code, renames functions and variables to something random and of course removes comments.
The disadvantage with this is that your code is still pure PHP, the instructions are still the same, so anyone can with some effort reverse-engineer your code(or use your methods if they don't need to know the innards of them).
The advantage is that anyone can run them on their servers without the need to install any modules other than those needed, and it easily (depending on how determined they are to "break" the obfuscation) scares people off when they look at the source Tongue .

[eluser]hybriid[/eluser]
http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/

[eluser]mglinski[/eluser]
Zend Guard is a laughing stock piece of crap, steer clear of it.
If you require code encryption, the only real solution is ionCube.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB