Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
creating a registration system with CI4, and why is CI "better"?

Edit your composer.json file and add this

Code:
{
    "name": ".../...",
    "require": {
        "php": "7.4.11"
    }
}

or from the termial.

composer config platform.php 7.4.11
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 03:11 AM by zoldos.)

@Awlikhaleghi I apparently have PHP 7.3 and 7.0 both installed. I'm trying to set 7.3 as default, or whatever, but am having difficulty...

(10-26-2020, 06:57 PM)Awlikhaleghi Wrote: if you are on a server and not a desktop do not remove your PHPs!!!!

I'm on a server.  I didn't remove them. Big Grin

(10-26-2020, 08:33 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: Edit your composer.json file and add this

Code:
{
    "name": ".../...",
    "require": {
        "php": "7.4.11"
    }
}

or from the termial.

composer config platform.php 7.4.11

I don't have that PHP version. Sad

That tells it to download and install it.

I'm giving up on it. I've tried a bunch of different things and just can't get it to work. Thanks anyway!

If your on a live server then you should be able to install them from the server control panel like CPanel.

(10-30-2020, 12:07 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: If your on a live server then you should be able to install them from the server control panel like CPanel.

I run on a dedicated server with Plesk 18 and console.  PHP 7.3 is installed and all my sites use it.  But for some reason, the OS itself (Ubuntu 16.04) has a "default" PHP of 7.0.33 installed, hence the issue....

(10-31-2020, 02:53 AM)zoldos Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 12:07 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: If your on a live server then you should be able to install them from the server control panel like CPanel.

I run on a dedicated server with Plesk 18 and console.  PHP 7.3 is installed and all my sites use it.  But for some reason, the OS itself (Ubuntu 16.04) has a "default" PHP of 7.0.33 installed, hence the issue....

You should stop trying to use composer.

Your shared hosts seems to have all CI4 requires, so go on your website and do it all manually.

Just download the source of Myth:Auth, put the files in your CI4 application (in the right paths), modify the configurations to setup your own app.
I personally have not yet tried Myth:Auth with composer, I needed to do it manually.

(10-31-2020, 09:10 AM)Awlikhaleghi Wrote: You should stop trying to use composer.

Your shared hosts seems to have all CI4 requires, so go on your website and do it all manually.

Just download the source of Myth:Auth, put the files in your CI4 application (in the right paths), modify the configurations to setup your own app.
I personally have not yet tried Myth:Auth with composer, I needed to do it manually.

Okay cool.  I just thought composer would be easier.  But I have CI4 working (manual install) so I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB