Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
problem installing with composer

Good afternoon,

I have been using CI3 for years and now I want to switch to CI4. I am trying to install it with Composer and it is giving me problems:

* Mac Catalina 10.15.7
* MAMP 6.0.1
* PHP 7.4.9

Error:
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - codeigniter4/framework v4.0.4 requires ext-intl * -> the requested PHP extension intl is missing from your system.
    - codeigniter4/framework v4.0.3 requires ext-intl * -> the requested PHP extension intl is missing from your system.
    - codeigniter4/framework v4.0.2 requires ext-intl * -> the requested PHP extension intl is missing from your system.
    - codeigniter4/framework v4.0.1 requires ext-intl * -> the requested PHP extension intl is missing from your system.
    - codeigniter4/framework 4.0.0 requires ext-intl * -> the requested PHP extension intl is missing from your system.
    - Installation request for codeigniter4/framework ^4 -> satisfiable by codeigniter4/framework[4.0.0, v4.0.1, v4.0.2, v4.0.3, v4.0.4].

I have looked in the /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/conf/php.ini file for intl extensions, but they are not in the file.

I have added in the above file:
extension = intl.dll
extension = mbstring.dll

But it keeps giving the error. How can I solve and install it with composer?

Is composer mandatory? I have done the manual installation, but then it gives me an error in the bootstrap component, which is installed with composer ...

Thanks for your help

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 04:11 AM by captain-sensible.)

there are different approaches to this depending on your objective.

if it is mainly a case to Ci4 up and running play with it to learn, then.

you can Forget xampp, apache ,wamp,mamp and all others and simply install a dev app to your Desktop.

You can use either composer or download manually from github. Once on Desktop:

Using a terminal you just run command : php spark serve

Code:
php spark serve

CodeIgniter CLI Tool - Version 4.0.4 - Server-Time: 2020-11-12 05:06:23am

CodeIgniter development server started on http://localhost:8080
Press Control-C to stop.
[Thu Nov 12 11:06:23 2020] PHP 7.4.1 Development Server (http://localhost:8080) started

your landing page will be seen by putting http://localhost:8080 in address bar of web browser.

Ok now we have the issue of using a Database ; you can't have a database out side of xampp can you ?
yes you can just put sqlite3 database as a file into writable and do configuration.

sqlitebrowser is a simple gui for creating sqlite databases ,adding fields and even data. https://sqlitebrowser.org/

Thats it you have a working system. Once you get to know it shift to MySQL maria if you like

Thank for your reply.

If i write php spark serve the error is : Could not open input file: spark.

Thank you

The .dll ending on extensions is just for Windows, and even now, not required.

Have you tried removing that and just using the name?

E.g:

Code:
extension=intl

Another thing to check is the PHP version your command line is using; it could be different from the 7.4 - and so would be using a different .ini config file.

Run php -v to check.

(11-12-2020, 08:51 AM)craig Wrote: The .dll ending on extensions is just for Windows, and even now, not required.

Have you tried removing that and just using the name?

E.g:

Code:
extension=intl

Another thing to check is the PHP version your command line is using; it could be different from the 7.4 - and so would be using a different .ini config file.

Run php -v to check.

Thanks craig,  the php version of terminal is 7.3.11,  so, the error must be that i am changed in php.ini of MAMP, but, the php of terminal is working from another.... where is the php.ini of macOs catalina 10.15.7.... Thanks.

should be in /etc

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB