Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
404 page redirection in codeigniter 3

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2020, 02:21 AM by shivaraj.)

hi i have developed website in codeigniter 3 but i am not able to redirect url where the data is not found in the database to 404 page. can any one help me out.
Best Regards

Shivaraj M B
M +919980598215
Whatsapp +91 9980598215
Email: [email protected]

@shivaraj,

We need more information. What specific version of CI3 are you running? Also, show us some code. How are you trying to redirect?

(12-10-2020, 07:51 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @shivaraj,

We need more information.  What specific version of CI3 are you running?  Also, show us some code.  How are you trying to redirect?
hello @php_rocs

i am using CodeIgniter 3.1.11 for website development but here i have done seo dynamic  url rewrite from routes.
i have connected to the database form routes and i have passed foreach loop to rewrite the normal url to seo friendly url in segments pattern. here everything is working fine if i try with wrong url i wont get any error instead it will loads the complete pages with blank content.

i tried to redirect to 404 page by using if statement  like.   if the entry in not found in the database it should redirect the page to the 404 custom page which i created.   but the problem i am facing is   the if condition is working fine if the value i passed in the uri is found in the database table.  if not found the database itself will not respond. nor it will not give any error.

but i tried in all the ways by passing if condition even in SQLi query.  but if try the query within the database i will get the result but if i pass the same query in the codeigniter i wont get any response from the database if the uri is wrong  

my website link is https://computer-repairs.in

my contact no is +91 9980598215

can u help me to resolve the issue plz
Best Regards

Shivaraj M B
M +919980598215
Whatsapp +91 9980598215

@shivaraj,

Please post your if condition code here, so that we can see it.

(12-11-2020, 06:57 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @shivaraj,

Please post your if condition code here, so that we can see it.
once after connecting to the database

$urilist = $this->uri->segment(2);

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT name FROM tablename WHERE name = '$urilist' ");

$result = $query->num_rows();

if ($result == 0 ){
header("Location: https://computer-repairs.in/404pagenotfound");
}

i tried other method like

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT COUNT(name) AS newresult FROM tablename WHERE name = '$urilist' ");

$result = $query->result();

if ($result == 0 ){
header("Location: https://computer-repairs.in/404pagenotfound");
}

but if i try with if condition like

if ($result == 0 ){
echo 'page not found';
}else{
echo 'page found';
}

if i type the right uri it is  printing      page found   message

but if i type the wrong uri     it is not printing     page not found   message

i am not getting why???????

but i tried with all the possible options to achieve this task. Ie with some more if conditions.

do u have any suggestions. else if you can ping me when you are online i can show you through remotely

my whatsapp contact no is +919980598215
Best Regards

Shivaraj M B
M +919980598215
Whatsapp +91 9980598215

@shivaraj,

Please show us the actual code. Where is the statement that executes the query? Also, have you tried determining what the result value is? Also, are you sure the your query is executing correctly? What does the final generated query look like when it is sent to the database?

Your initial if condition should work just fine. What we need to do is make your results value consistent. That is the challenge.

[quote pid="382544" dateline="1607591986"]
Please I have similar issues, still trying to master this CodeIgniter thing, I built a website for Sports predictions    https://bet9javip.com everything works fine, if a URL doesn't exist it simply simply loads the index page, but this is bad for SEO, i want the URL to change, please someone should help me on this
[/quote]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB