Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Access $request in __construct in ResourceController?

How do I access the $request in the __construct of a ResourceController?

I've tried:
Code:
$data = $request->getRawInput(); // Crashes with Internal Server Error

$data = $request->getVar('some_var); // Crashes with Internal Server Error

If I'm not mistaken, ResourceController and ResourcePresenter both extend CodeIgniter/Controller. So the request object is not accessible in the __construct but on the initController method.

In your class extension of the ResourceController, for example ApiController, you would have something like this:
PHP Code:
public function initController(RequestInterface $requestResponseInterface $responseLoggerInterface $logger)
{

parent::initController($request$response$logger);

$data $this->request->getRawInput();

// If you want $data to be accessible in other places of the class, you might want to set it as a property instead. Then set it like:

$this->data $this->request->getRawInput();

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 09:03 AM by blaasvaer.)

Yes, that's why I hate that the CI team 'broke' __construct. We've all grown used to being able to use it like we expect to. And now, all of a sudden we have to 'adapt' to these weird custom approaches ... it's NOT good.

If I add your code ... my ResourceController just breaks!

WHAT am I supposed to be doing with it?

And WHY do I have to 'extend' a Controller in order to have access to the $request? It doesn't make ANY sense to me, at all!

Had to add this: public function initController(\CodeIgniter\HTTP\RequestInterface $request, \CodeIgniter\HTTP\ResponseInterface $response, \Psr\Log\LoggerInterface $logger)

But it still seems annoying and cumbersome to have to make all this basic stuff ... in order to access the request ... now when would a Controller NOT have a request? I cannot see the case for leaving this out.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB