Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
XP, IIS, PHP5 + CodeIgniter

[eluser]Kanshu[/eluser]
I installed CodeIgniter on my desktop PC with XP Pro, IIS and PHP5. I get a Error:404 Page Not Found message. The documentation doesn't say I can't run CodeIgniter on a Windows desktop. So, my question is: Can I run CodeIgniter in my desktop PC? I would like to do some testing with it without uploading to my host server.

If the answer is "Yes, I can run CodeIgniter in a desktop PC.", what is the likely cause? Bad PHP5 configuration?

Anyway, I was curious if I can run CodeIgniter in my host server and it worked perfectly. By the way, this server is running on Linux.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
I'd suggest installing a package such as XAMPP onto your pc, this will include apache, mysql, php, and everything else you will possibly need.

[eluser]Kanshu[/eluser]
I take it you mean replacing IIS with Apache? Okay, I'll try that.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Well not 'replacing' just use apache not IIS. Technically you could still run IIS if you desired for other things. Yeah XAMPP is just a click installer and you're good to go.

[eluser]Kanshu[/eluser]
Yup, it's a drag installing Apache. I tried doing it just now and got lost in the configuration file.

Anyway, I'm downloading XAMPP right now. I hope this one is easier.

[eluser]Kanshu[/eluser]
I finally got it working using the XAMPP installation.

[eluser]cfraz[/eluser]
Glad you got it working with Apache. Some of us must use IIS regardless of our preference. I've found that setting

$config['uri_protocol'] = "QUERY_STRING";

solves the page not found messages I was getting when running on IIS.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB