Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI settings Godaddy (.htaccess)

[eluser]Animas[/eluser]
I will talk about common mistakes. (Please check godaddy for recent changes in their configuration)

In database.php make sure you put the proper host name (something like #####.secureserver.net) and other settings.

Now .htaccess
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1

You are good to go. You see in last line I put extra "?" which is the only change that I had to make from my localhost .htaccess. And these settings has been tested with godaddy deluxe(linux) hosting.

I hope my experience will save someone's time.

[eluser]LNS[/eluser]
What is happen?

I also use CI on GodAddy hosting. But, it don't works well. See: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/85559/

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Animas" date="1209139249"]I will talk about common mistakes. (Please check godaddy for recent changes in their configuration)

In database.php make sure you put the proper host name (something like #####.secureserver.net) and other settings.

Now .htaccess
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?/$1

You are good to go. You see in last line I put extra "?" which is the only change that I had to make from my localhost .htaccess. And these settings has been tested with godaddy deluxe(linux) hosting.

I hope my experience will save someone's time.[/quote]

BRILLIANT ..... That worked !
After going through tons of htaccess, this is the one that did the trick for me,
Thanks a lot mate Smile

[eluser]Fuseblown[/eluser]
Hosting with Dreamhost, removing the first '/' and adding the '?' after index.php in the last line worked for me as well (using the suggested .htaccess lines from the User Guide). Thanks for this!

[eluser]keld[/eluser]
Thanks! I've been battling with goDaddy for days, only the home page of my website would work, all the over pages would throw an error 500.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thank u so much.

Smile)))))))

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB