Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
XtraUpload v2 - File Hosting Platform - Preview

[eluser]mglinski[/eluser]
Hey all,
I am recoding my massive(42k lines) script into CodeIgniter and wanted to pre-announce it, show it off, etc.. Big Grin
If you have used rapidshare, megaupload, zshare, etc. before, you know what this does.

http://xtrafile.com/xu2

Im using CI 1.6.1 with a few new libraries. More info is available in the about box on the bottom of the page.
Tell me what you think, when its done ill announce it here.
-Matt

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
So now we have 2 filehosting sites running on CI. Check out file panda by Elliot Haughin.

Yea, I saw his a while back. That solidified my intentions to rewrite XU into CI.
Currently, the only real feature implemented is true multi-file upload. Select more then one file in the dialog box, or select some files then select some more. Im still tweaaking the progress bar but it should be production ready(with limited features, for now) in 2 days.
The only think i dont like about filepanda is it uses S3 to store files. My system will allow an unlimited number of slave servers to be setup to store files, just like in the current version.
-Matt

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
the black background is very friendly to the eyes!
Say, what is the benefit for setting up an account? I could upload a file without beeing a member.

I am curious to see the 42k lines ;-)

This is just a preview of whats to come in v2.
I am also working on v1.6(thats the big one) in tandem. This was just to get the normal file hosting aspects up and running on CI. The only thing you can currently do is upload/download.
I am coding the file manager now, which would be only available to registered users.
I will update this thread with added features as i code them out.
This will be a down-loadable program in the end, so everyone can use it.
-Matt

[quote author="gunter" date="1209212742"]the black background is very friendly to the eyes!
Say, what is the benefit for setting up an account? I could upload a file without beeing a member.

I am curious to see the 42k lines ;-)[/quote]
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/12056
-Matt

rev2 up.
User Accounts added
File Management Added
File Download Wait-Time Added
File Download speed doubled if logged in
File Captcha protection added
Image Upload Processing(thumbnail creation, BBCodes)
Image Gallery Creation Added(example: http://xtrafile.com/xu2/image/gallery/SxiQVq8k)
More Javascript Tweaks.
------------------------
I expect to upload this to google code within the next few days.
Any suggestions/feature requests are very much welcome.
-Matt

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1209210569"]So now we have 2 filehosting sites running on CI. Check out file panda by Elliot Haughin.[/quote]

*coughs* Host It, Baby!

rev. 3 Up
Icon Madness
User Manager Added
Backend Normalized into proper folders
Admin Section Created
Refactored User Library

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB