Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
to where can I send a patch to CI?

[eluser]sdbruder[/eluser]
I've just made a simple patch to the main index.php that permits application directories in the same dir of index.php ("sister" of system). In the pristine code that just doesnt work (the if (is_dir($application_folder)) will get a TRUE but the directory originaly constructed will not be correct).

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
There is a feature request forum, as well as a bug report forum. Try posting there first.

To be honest though, I don't understand what you're trying to do. My first step in a fresh install is to move the Application folder up a level. Works beautifully every time.

Is that true? Why that doesnt worked here without my patch?

AAAh, Ive just left configured as the application directory "application", not the whole path, that's the diference.

That's my patch:
Code:
--- /Users/sergio/Downloads/CodeIgniter_1.6.1/index.php    2008-01-21 13:39:20.000000000 -0200
+++ localwww/index.php    2008-04-26 13:24:41.000000000 -0300
@@ -92,7 +92,11 @@

if (is_dir($application_folder))
{
-    define('APPPATH', $application_folder.'/');
+    if (strpos($application_folder, '/') === FALSE) {
+        define('APPPATH', pathinfo(__FILE__, PATHINFO_DIRNAME).'/'.$application_folder.'/');
+    } else {
+        define('APPPATH', $application_folder.'/');
+    }
}
else
{

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Little confused, what did you actually 'patch'? From the looks of your desc it is just to move the application folder out of the system folder. If that's it, there is a pretty common thing to do and you can just change the path in index.php

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
For me this has always worked just fine without changing anything at all. My $application_folder is set to 'application' . Must be that OS X assumes a relative path.

Strange. without my mod setting the app directory just as 'application' doesnt worked here (Mac OS). But it's a resolved issue. Just forget it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB