Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Upload Error

[eluser]adamfairholm[/eluser]
I haven't been able to find anything on this anywhere, so I am curious as to why I keep getting this error…

"The temporary folder is missing."

…when using the file uploading class.

In the language file it's the error message associated with "upload_no_temp_directory". Am I missing something? Do you need to set a temporary directory somewhere in Code Igniter? I can't find any mention of it in the documentation or anyone else who has run into this error message on the boards.

My folder permissions are all in order, so is the path, and I'm testing this out with the exact code from the user guide with modifications for my system.

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
This is a CI wrapper for a PHP error... Take a look here.
To fix it, if you are using Apache, you can use .htaccess to set a temp directory to a folder that actually exists, or you can look for what's the directory that your server is trying to use and creating.

Using .htaccess to change it you should set
Quote:php_value upload_tmp_dir /path/to/temp/dir

Looking for you current temp dir, you can use
Code:
echo ini_get('upload_tmp_dir');
or in the phpinfo() function. Then create the folder with permission for Apache writting.

[eluser]adamfairholm[/eluser]
Using .htaccess gave me an internal server error, but I was able to fix the problem by looking at the phpinfo() setting, and found that it had no value. I set the directory in php.ini to one I had created with write permission, restarted Apache, and all was right with the world. Thank you very much for the help!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB