Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
v4.1.3 Upgrade Hiccups
Question 
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 03:27 PM by Gary.)

Recently I've migrated to the latest CI release (v4.1.3) from an early v4.0.x... and to throw in a bit of random for punishment, at the some time also moved the development from an eavesdropping Windows installation to a Linux box... with a few upgrades to (and different group's builds of) Apache, PHP and MySQL.

I've noticed a few thing, that I believe were (likely) working before that are different (or broken) now... I was hoping someone may have observed similar anomalies and be able to give me an idea if it's just my shyte code, or (on the off-chance) they are newly introduced bugs in the framework:

1) Two of the validation rules:
Code:
'rules' => '...|ext_in[file_field,jpg,jpeg,png,gif,webp]|mime_in[file_field,image/jpg,image/jpeg,image/png,image/gif,image/webp]|max_d...'
    stopped working (now always failing) on the last element in the lists (webp and image/webp here).

Adding ',' to the end of each of the lists appeared to fix this:  (!?!)
Code:
'rules' => '...|ext_in[file_field,jpg,jpeg,png,gif,webp,]|mime_in[file_field,image/jpg,image/jpeg,image/png,image/gif,image/webp,]|max_d...'

2)  I've not used the CI DebugToolbar for a while... so this may have nothing to do with the upgrades, but when I enable it now, pretty much every bit of JavaScript on my site is completely unresponsive (even very simple inline scripts that enable/disable bits of the page as it is displayed on load)!?   Having a quick look using the Debugger in the browser, I see the JavaScript does bounce around some jQuery code when I click on items on the pages, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere near my JavaScript & jQuery code?!  If I disable the DebugToolbar, everything comes back to life.  I can remember having this problem... a while... what would equate many barrels of wine ago, but I can't recall how it was fixed the last time, or whether it was one of those problems that eventually slip into the Ether, 'fixed', but still unexplained...

3)  I see I still have to modify the paginate() function in /system/BaseModel.php in v4.1.3 for it to work properly:
    To:   $pager = Services::pager(null, null, TRUE);
    Am I still the only person with this problem?!?

I'd be grateful for any pointers, comments or suggestions, thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB