Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox model loading...

[eluser]eurotrash[/eluser]
I have Matchbox 0.9.4 and CI 1.6.1 working on my localhost. When I try to load a model I get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function model() on a non-object in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/cim/system/application/modules/articles/controllers/articles.php on line 11

The controllers are working correctly so I am certain that I have installed correctly.

Obviously Matchbox is looking in the wrong directory for the model. How do I load a model in the controller from the application directory using matchbox? I am loading the model by calling
Code:
$this->load->model("article");

I'm pretty sure sure that I need to tweak the $this->load statement in order for it work.

Thanks

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Can I see your controller?

Code:
<?php

class Users extends Controller {

function Users()
    {
        parent::Controller();    
    }

function index()
    {
         $this->load->module_model('u','user');
        //$this->load->Model("User");
        echo("index");

}
}
?>

A fresh install of Matchbox and CodeIgniter, with your controller works fine for me (except for changing the first argument in $this->load->module_model from 'u' to 'users', but that's just because I tested it on a module called 'users'. Remember that the first argument is the module, and the second is the model).

Are you sure you have removed previous versions of Matchbox (or Modular Separation)?

It's clean install of matchbox and C.I. 1.6.1

Well I ran CI 1.6.2, try updating to that, although I doubt that is the cause. I've zipped my simple working app with your controller so you can see how I did it.

http://www.filepanda.com/file/zxpikiwovd8a/

Figured it out

I had
Code:
parent::Controller();

instead of
Code:
parent::Model();
in my model

Psyched to start using Matchbox on my next project.

Thank

You're welcome. I hope you'll like it. I know I do ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB