Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP7

I'm wondering if anyone has tested CI3 or CI2 in PHP7 and what if any deprecations may cause issues for those who wish to run on the latest PHP? I'm just curious

No one use PHP 7 in production .. the final release is planed for somewhere in 2016.

I'm keeping an eye on PHP7 development, but CI3 will be released long before that, so we couldn't possibly prepare for all changes. Future CodeIgniter releases will address any breaking changes when PHP7 is released.

(01-19-2015, 06:06 AM)Narf Wrote: I'm keeping an eye on PHP7 development, but CI3 will be released long before that, so we couldn't possibly prepare for all changes. Future CodeIgniter releases will address any breaking changes when PHP7 is released.

Cool, I 'm just curious, I'm on the mail list for PHP dev, so I'm trying to see what I can figure out and contribute where I can.

The old CI 2.2 works fine with PHP 5.6, also the CI 3.0 dev, if you plan to have the same code in the next 10 years, be sure that it will work.

Its possible that all frameworks and scripts may need refactoring for php 7 ..
But its new features are yet under discussion so its hell to early to thing about them Wink
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

I think, CodeIgniter 3.x would be possible to be adapted for PHP7. More problematic for future upgrades to PHP7 is likely to be the third_party stuff, it would depend on the authors' reactions.

When the time for 7 is come, im sure we will be able to use CI with it ;o)

Return Type Declarations are at the door of PHP 7 so this is huge change for PHP..
+ there are Scalar Type Hints, Binary String Comparison and other things in the plans which will have some reflection..

I suppose that CI may work even then but it is very possible that it does not work right.. And to support 2 major version of language is Hard Ass work Smile..
We will see that when php7 RC come at the summer(or later)..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(01-22-2015, 07:47 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote: Return Type Declarations are at the door of PHP 7 so this is huge change for PHP..
+ there are Scalar Type Hints, Binary String Comparison and other things in the plans which will have some reflection..

I suppose that CI may work even then but it is very possible that it does not work right.. And to support 2 major version of language is Hard Ass work Smile..
We will see that when php7 RC come at the summer(or later)..

None of these is a breaking change and CI should work completely fine with anything that has been brought up so far for PHP 7 (which are ideas btw, not necessarily plans).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB