Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
upgrading CI from 4.1.1 to 4.1.4

Hi,
I have a website with CI4.1.1. Now 4.1.4 is out.

If you look for instance at https://codeigniter.com/user_guide/insta...e_412.html it reads: "Numerous files in the project space (root, app, public, writable) received updates. Due to these files being outside of the system scope they will not be changed without your intervention. " (and then there is a list of changed files). 

What are the best practices to upgrade the framework? 

To download those files and merge them with the current ones, looking at changes with a comparing-files-tool?  (and, if so, is it possibile to download ONLY the changed files and not all the files?)
Other ways?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Filippo (Aleide Web Agency)

if you never touch the core files, so upgrade will be no problem. im using composer. done it and no problem so far

Hi ikesela, thanks for your reply.
I did not touch anything in system,
but I saw there are changes on files outside system (if I remember, in Config as well).
Can I use composer without any risk?
Thank you

You need to be careful with that because lots of times the app folder has had changes also.

Look at the date of the folders and files to see if there has been any changes, if the app folder
had changes then you will need to make a backup and then redo all the app files with changes.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(09-16-2021, 01:44 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: You need to be careful with that because lots of times the app folder has had changes also.

Look at the date of the folders and files to see if there has been any changes, if the app folder
had changes then you will need to make a backup and then redo all the app files with changes.

I will. Thank you very much.
Filippo (Aleide Web Agency)

(09-16-2021, 01:58 AM)filit Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 01:44 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: You need to be careful with that because lots of times the app folder has had changes also.

I will. Thank you very much.

Check out my library to do that for you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB