Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher v2.0 Release Candidate 12.3

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
This thread is old. Please go to this thread

Download: [url="http://codeextinguisher.com/downloads/releases/codex2_rc12.3.zip"]codex2_rc12.3.zip[/url] - 221 KiloBytes of Gloriousness!

Demo: [url="http://codeextinguisher.com/public_preview/preview.php"]Public preview[/url] - login with preview:preview

Trac: [url="http://codeextinguisher.com/trac/codex"]CodeExtinguisher[/url]

SVN Repo: svn://codeextinguisher.com:3690/trunk/

Temporary Docs: PBWiki

ChangeLog RC12
• Added new "Interface Plugins" which cannot be instantiated: RelationalContainer and FormContainer
• Stripped ManyToMany and OneToMany from commonalities
• Added better validation support to the ManyToMany and OneToMany plugins (Now your "newly created" items won't be lost in case of a validation error)
• Minimized the FieldSet plugin (into the FormContainer plugin)
• Added support for configurable hashing functions in the Password plugin
• Slightly "prettied" the output html (more of this in next release)
• Added support for Image and File plugins inside the ManyToMany and OneToMany plugins ( Date still doesn't work, it's a jquery issue)
• Removed code redundancy between Image and File plugins
• Disabled Global XSS filtering by default
• Added spyc as an autoloaded library
• Separated CodeExtinguisher-specific configuration items into config/codex.php
• Revamped Permissions system
• Minimized table.php into its logical files
• Removed navigation.php and centralized navigation into the config/codex.php file
• General code refactoring
• General bug fixes

ChangeLog RC 12.2
• Added ability to specify the users table (allows you to handle two separate tables of users)
• Made permissions form come up only to owner
• Fixed bug in permissions form and cacel link

ChangeLog RC 12.3
• Fixed bug which caused errors in the Image plugin when run in Windows.

Next to come?
• Caching
• Partials
• Centralized form_element view
• New FCKEditor Plugin
• Completed docs

If you have a problem:
If you experience an issue with CodeExtinguisher, please provide the following information so that I (and others in the forums) can help you in a more efficient manner:
- Version of CodeExtinguisher and CodeIgniter
- System configuration (php version, OS version)
- What is the problem
- What have you modified
- Where is the problem happening

Thank you,
jTaby

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
So far so good... Nothing broke and the improvements are great Smile

One comment (I don't mean to be negative, this is an incredible tool and I realize how much work went into it, I'm grateful for it, but I'm assuming you're looking for useful feedback, hence the constructive criticism) on the jQuery based table sorting. It only sorts what's on the page, according to the content of the table, not the database, so I would personally remove it from GM and save it maybe for next RC because the current behavior is not what a user would expect. If the results are paginated, it only sorts the current page, and in case of a date field for instance, it sort those alphabetically instead of chronologically.

I would rather have a simpler "order by" param in the YAML definition, or ideally an ordering system based on MySQL instead of jQuery, but that might be a lot of work... It's easy enough to remove from the table.php file so not a big deal... But a regular user would just assume the sorting is buggy.

Thanks again for CodeEx. Love it! Smile

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
I noticed one small formatting problem with IE7 on XP (Internet Explorer has a problem! how can this be??) I attached a couple of pictures to try to show the problem. It looks like a CSS thing. On Firefox the (top right search tool ) the + adds searchable fields - removes them. On IE + does not add more fields (actually it looks like a field is being placed direrectly over top of the previous one) and IE has a funny box that partially obscures the entry field.

It looks fine in Opera and Safari also

Typical ;-)

I'm really excited, I'm just going through it now.

Jeff

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
I have installed the RC12, but i get an error after installation
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: plugins/image.php

Line Number: 38

Severity: Warning

Message: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object

Line Number: 48

Message: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Image::setWrappers() in C:\web\xampp\htdocs\codex2_rc12\codex\application\libraries\codexforms.php on line 58

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Is the (Codex)version number stored somewhere in one of the files?
Jeff

minimal design, RTFM man!!! haha just kidding. There already are order_by and order_type options available to use in your YAML files (http://codeextinguisher.pbwiki.com/Creat...-own-pages), and you're totally spot on with the table sorting

got 2 doodle, I'll get on it, thanks Smile -- and no, but I just put it on my todo list.

abmcr, could you give me some more information about your system? Is this a fresh installation of CE? what kind of system are you using? It seems like the problem is with the face that your plugins aren't getting instantiated...I can't replicate the problem though.

Try changing line 21 in plugins/image.php into:

Code:
if(!class_exists('File'))
    include("file.php");

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1209758057"]minimal design, RTFM man!!! haha just kidding.[/quote]

All this time there was a manual?! Damn... Tongue

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1209758057"]
abmcr, could you give me some more information about your system? Is this a fresh installation of CE? what kind of system are you using? It seems like the problem is with the face that your plugins aren't getting instantiated...I can't replicate the problem though.

Try changing line 21 in plugins/image.php into:

Code:
if(!class_exists('File'))
    include("file.php");
[/quote]
Yes: fresh installation of CE with CI 1.6.1.
XAMPP PHP 5
i have try to change the line 21 but the problem as the same
Code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Image::setWrappers() in C:\web\xampp\htdocs\codex2_rc12\codex\application\libraries\codexforms.php on line 58

for some reason the inheritence isn't working...but the weird thing is that it's happening with the Image plugin. What steps did you take to install codex? Have you modified the YAML files? where are you seeing the error?

[eluser]TheLoops[/eluser]
Wow, this is looking damn good! Great features and a gorgeous interface!

*downloading it right now*

Thanks a lot!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB