Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[ STOP ] PDF Download

[eluser]Justin Patel[/eluser]
Hello Friends,

I am showing the pdf on browser ... and its working great ...

The thing i need is user should not be able to download it from the web browser ...

[ I mean user can download by save page as ... from File menu ]

BUT I WANT TO STOP and they should not able save the pdf file ....

Plz help me

[eluser]Hermawan Haryanto[/eluser]
When a PDF page is shown to browser, it means the browser is already download it to it's local cache and display it to the client's screen. There is no way if you want to prohibit them to not downloading it locally since it's already there.

I think the solution is to convert your pdf into swf (google keyword: pdf2swf) and then use the swf viewer to display your PDF. In that case, they can only see the swf, still they can download it, but they can't do anything about it (no printing, no editing).

Anyone else?

Anyway, good luck.
Hermawan Haryanto

[eluser]Justin Patel[/eluser]
[quote author="Hermawan Haryanto" date="1210252638"]When a PDF page is shown to browser, it means the browser is already download it to it's local cache and display it to the client's screen. There is no way if you want to prohibit them to not downloading it locally since it's already there.

I think the solution is to convert your pdf into swf (google keyword: pdf2swf) and then use the swf viewer to display your PDF. In that case, they can only see the swf, still they can download it, but they can't do anything about it (no printing, no editing).

Anyone else?

Anyway, good luck.
Hermawan Haryanto[/quote]

Thanks for prompt response ....

But I guess there must be some ways to dis allow it .... I have seen many pdf files that don't allow to select and copy the content and some time they don't allow to download ...

any help will be greatly appreciated ...

[eluser]Mirage[/eluser]
Justin -

Why don't you show us where you have seen this done and we'll see about figuring out 'how' they did it?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB