Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Where does the main content go?

[eluser]General1337[/eluser]
I've been spending a while looking for where the main content goes like images, stylesheets, etc. I can't find where it would go. I tried putting it in the root directory and was unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Your static content can go anywhere on your server. Most people create an asset folder in their ci-root. Remember that your paths will be relative to index.php.

Also, if you're using .htaccess make sure to exclude the asset folder.

Well that's what i've been trying so lets say i'm going to use images on a page(view) so I would set the paths to images/whatever.jpg. inside the root folder where index.php is I have the images folder and the <whatever.jpg> inside. it's not working when I tried that.

Hmm, following scenario:

CI-Root:
www.example.com/myci/index.php

www.example.com/myci/images/test.png

CI View
img src="/myci/images/test.png"
or
img src="./images/text.png"

I tried both of those but was unsuccessful with both...

Are you using a .htaccess file? If so, could you post the contents?

No I am not using one, also when I call which directory everything is in it says it's in the CI folder, which is right where it should be... Also I used an absolute URL and it didn't display any images, it's just not displaying images in total.

<deleted>

Alright I checked if I was getting any errors, all the logs say that are important and have anything to do with an error is: ERROR - 2008-05-11 11:39:07 --&gt; 404 Page Not Found --&gt; I don't know why it's saying page not found because the page works, I know for a fact the images work as well, it reads the images, I tried using a URL directly to it(www.google.com/whateverhtegoogleimageis.jpg) and that worked perfectly, but using it from the local folder doesn't work at ALL.

This doesn't sound like a CodeIgniter issue. Image requests aren't routed through CI, they're just done normally. Can you access an image if you just place it in your server root?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB