Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SMTP authentification miss a parameter?

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Hi,

I get a problem sending email with the email library (CI SVN latest)
I am sure that all my parameters are correct and double checked all my code, but I get the following:

Code:
to: 550 relay not permitted, authentication required

I was asking myself about a possible missing parameter in the email library. I say this because for example I must activate the option "My Server requires an authentication" in my email program and I didn't find in email library such an option.

What's your thought about this?

I've found it too but didn't understood what this guy was meaning... then I preferred to post again.

Actually this is not a feature request, I personally define it as a bug because the email library should handle the SMTP authentication correctly.

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
well, he's asking for SSL support to talk to gmail. is that what you are after? or is there something missing with the basic auth user/pass SMTP auth in the email class?

I don't think this have something to do with SSL, but it seems that there is a missing parameter like I tried to explain in my first post.

AFAICT - there is a basic auth option in the email class - check the manual page here

Thanks for trying to help but I already know this and use it.
I will try to explain more precisly what is the problem:

Take for example this library:
http://phpmailer.codeworxtech.com/index.html

There is a specific option like in all email clients (like Outlook, Thunderbird, ...) to specify that the server requires an authentification. This is in case we use SMTP out of the server itself. The CI lib don't have such an option and this is needed for some hosts.

For the above library, you can see it here:
http://phpmailer.codeworxtech.com/properties.html

Quote:$SMTPAuth : Sets SMTP authentication. Utilizes the Username and Password variables.

I've tried it, without this option I get the same error as CI Email library and while setting this option simply to True, the emails are outgoings.

Hope I've been more complete in my explanation now.

thanks for the "complete" explanation. :-) i still think you need to look at the manual page. i think you will find your solution there...

allow me to quote it so as to whet your appetite:

Quote:Email Preferences
The following is a list of all the preferences that can be set when sending email.

Preference Default Value Options Description
useragent CodeIgniter None The "user agent".
protocol mail mail, sendmail, or smtp The mail sending protocol.
mailpath /usr/sbin/sendmail None The server path to Sendmail.
smtp_host No Default None SMTP Server Address.
smtp_user No Default None SMTP Username.
smtp_pass No Default None SMTP Password.
smtp_port 25 None SMTP Port.
smtp_timeout 5 None SMTP Timeout (in seconds).

----SNIP----

Sorry but I have told you twice that I checked all my parameters + that I already use the built in authentification, so don't you think I have tried what you are quoting already?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Indeed, the SMTP connection support authentication if a user and password are provided. It does not, however, support SSL.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB