Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter1.6.2 just around the corner

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Hey All.

There’s been some notable work dropped into CodeIgniter recently. We’re working on finishing up a few things for a 1.6.2 release. A few noteworthy items include enhancements to Active Record, a new compatibility helper to allow the use of several common PHP5 only functions in PHP4 and some enhancements/behavioural changes in unit testing, form, url, directory and download helpers.

There have been several speed and security enhancements as well, in both CI "proper" (and various libraries and helpers), and of course, the usual round of bug fixes and doc changes. In fact the documentation has grown by 2 pages (Reserved names and Common functions).

Take a look through the SVN now, and if you see anything noteworthy, feel free to drop a note here.

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Excellent! It's great to see many active developments with CodeIgniter, that's what attracted me to it, among other things.

Great Job!

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Great work guys on keeping these releases coming!

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Nice to hear Derek, looking forward to release.

[eluser]koku[/eluser]
Can't wait to check it out!

[eluser]err403_love[/eluser]
I'm excited and I only just started using CodeIgniter a few days ago! Smile

Hope upgrading will be painless.. Wink

[eluser]Jonathon Hill[/eluser]
Wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

Hey, this thought just struck me: What if I have an app built on CI 1.5.x (which I don't, but let's say I do), and I wanted to upgrade to the new release. Is there an easy way to compare the differences between releases, without having to mentally add up all the changes in the release notes from the current version to the new version?

If EllisLab published release notes in some kind of standard format one could probably build a cool website that would allow you to select two versions and easily compare the two...

That could even be taken a step further and have a setup to compare versions of *different* frameworks (CI to Kohana, CI to CakePHP, etc). Thoughts?

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[quote author="Jemgames" date="1210649363"]Excellent! It's great to see many active developments with CodeIgniter, that's what attracted me to it, among other things.

Great Job![/quote]

I was attracted to it because... well... *looks around*... come closer and I'll whisper it...

... it has boobs...

Can't wait to see it, CI team!!! We love you guys!

[eluser]adwin[/eluser]
ok ... i wish active record become like rails Wink

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
@err403_love: yup, upgrading will be a snap. You can check out the upgrade guide if you want.

@Jonathon Hill: What about the change log isn't doing it for you? The 1.6.2 log is just as detailed. Also, if you wanted commit by commit comments, you could read the svn. I give some instructions at http://www.derekallard.com/blog/post/che...epository/.

@Developer13: you should see what we have planned for CodeIgniter 8.008.5 !!! Wink

Oh yes, I should also mention we're introducing (or will with the 1.6.2 release) tagging into the SVN, so you can easily grab specific CI versions if you want and are familiar with subversion.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB