Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher v2.0 Release Candidate 13

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
This thread is old. Please go to this thread

Download: [url="http://codeextinguisher.com/downloads/releases/codex2_rc13.zip"]codex2_rc13.zip[/url] - 224 KiloBytes of Gloriousness!

Demo: [url="http://codeextinguisher.com/public_preview/preview.php"]Public preview[/url] - login with preview:preview

Trac: [url="http://codeextinguisher.com/trac/codex"]CodeExtinguisher[/url]

SVN Repo: svn://codeextinguisher.com:3690/trunk/

Temporary Docs: PBWiki

ChangeLog RC13
• Fixed Layout quirks in Internet Explorer
• Fixed bug which caused data to not be displayed in the table
• Fixed bug in displaying validation errors
• Added better localization support
• Fixed bug which caused permissions to be shown twice
• Fixed position of cancel link

Next to come?
• Caching
• Partials
• Centralized form_element view
• New FCKEditor Plugin
• Completed docs

If you have a problem:
If you experience an issue with CodeExtinguisher, please provide the following information so that I (and others in the forums) can help you in a more efficient manner:
- Version of CodeExtinguisher and CodeIgniter
- System configuration (php version, OS version)
- What is the problem
- What have you modified
- Where is the problem happening

Thank you,
jTaby

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
Awesome! Can't wait to try this out!

I love the new version. Couple of questions though, is it possible to hide the specify permissions button when adding new stuff?

I'm getting this error! Wah!

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: plugins/image.php

Line Number: 90

Fatal error: Call to a member function line() on a non-object in /home/artinfor/public_html/codex/application/plugins/image.php on line 90

ah, yeah I changed the plugins to add better localization, I knew I missed _something_ heh, i'll release rc13.1 soon

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Jtaby i have downloaded CI 1.6.2. and Codex rc 13: after installing the engine, and after delete the installer, an error said:
Code:
Warning: require(codex/application/config/constants.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CI162/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'codex/application/config/constants.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CI162/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php on line 52
I work with MAMP... Ciao!

yeah you're right, I have to update the application for 1.6.2...I wasn't aware it was out =\

In the meantime, you can just copy paste the system/config/constants.php file into codex/application/config/ folder.

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
hi!
congrats for the new framework. next month i'm starting an administration tool and i hope (and taking all these progress in account, i'm sure) that codex is going to help.
let me tell u about my situation. i'm not starting from the scratch. in fact, i'm programming in ci since -let me remember- 2006 (i'm programming a foreign commerce query system; checkout http://www.mercosur.int/sim/es/siaec/vie...ch_by_code for instance). and yeah, off course, i'm not the guy who chooses which database to use (we use sql server 2000) nor which app server (iis; arghhh).
besides, we have developed some admin stuff, using freakoutlight as auth system. in fact, we have modified fal because we don't like database sessions. we like php native sessions (via http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Native_session/).

the first thing i found is that codex uses ob session, so my first question is whether it is possible to extend codexsession without touching the code.

yes. the codexsession library is nothing more than OBSession, with a new name. If you want to replace the session library, then simply replace the codexsession.php file.

If by "extend" you mean using inheritence, then no, you can't (at this point). The reason is this: Using CI, you can replace core libraries with your own, by putting them in the application folder and prefixing them with MY_. But because codex is an application itself, you can't extend its libraries with your own.

hope that answers your question.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
A suggestion for create a confirm alert js when, from display view, i set a delete of records:
in views/table.php edit the line 107 as
Code:
<input type="submit" value="<?php echo $this->lang->line('codex_delete_selected'); ?>" onclick="return(confirm('<?php echo $this->lang->line('codexadmin_confirm_delete'); ?>'));" name="delete_selected" id="delete-selected">
and in codexadmin_lang.php
set as
Code:
<?php
$lang = array(
    'codexadmin_upload_remove_failure'=> 'Associated file was not deleted successfully.',
    'codexadmin_confirm_delete'          => 'Confermi la cancellazione dei dati?',
    );

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB