Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hosting: Where and Why?

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
sorry for the OT but...

@daulex that avatar is just too good Big Grin

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="minimal design" date="1212718633"]sorry for the OT but...

@daulex that avatar is just too good Big Grin[/quote]

I know, when my laziness and google work together, some great stuff comes up.

[eluser]chandlerou[/eluser]
@minimal design:
/agree, that avatar is priceless...

Back to OP:
So I am torn between HostGator and ASO. I think what attracts me to HostGator is their usage of CPanel. I used it for a couple years a loooooong time ago. And what I remember from it that it was a good experience. I also like from them that their baby package allows unlimited domains on one account weather they be parked or hosted or whatnot. But what I get from this thread and others is that they oversubscribe their servers to the point where it affects site proformance.
I like the ASO because they look like a mom and pop shop, who do their stuff and do it well, for a cheap price. The reviews in this thread along with others have been all positive, even the bad stuff is good. I have no idea what their backend is like or anything like that which makes me a little uneasy.

So tonight (Saturday) I will be purchasing one of these and migrating from the monster that is known as , "GoDaddy Hosting".

Does anyone have any really good stories about either of these hosts, more specifically the HostGator?

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
[quote author="chandlerou" date="1212862390"]
I think what attracts me to HostGator is their usage of CPanel.
[/quote]

ASO uses cPanel too. Unless they changed recently...

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Yeah, they use cPanel and wHM for resellers

[eluser]chandlerou[/eluser]
[quote author="minimal design" date="1212865075"][quote author="chandlerou" date="1212862390"]
I think what attracts me to HostGator is their usage of CPanel.
[/quote]

ASO uses cPanel too. Unless they changed recently...[/quote]

I missed that...

Detailed Features on the right side...
Quote:cPanel control panel with Fantastico script auto-installer

Problem solved, thanks Minimal for pointing that out! With that promo code from one of the above posts, ASO seems to be a nice deal!

EDIT: Purchased! I've never been so excited to move all my crap before. Peace out GoDaddy!

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
I've convinced one of my customers to pay for a resellers account with heartinternet so I've been getting free hosting Smile but I'm so anxious to try aso Big Grin

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
Does anybody have any experience with ASO's reselling? If so, how complicated is it? I'm with HostGator and setting up multiple domains under one account seems to be pretty annoying.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
I have had a resellers account with A Small Orange. It uses wHM(Web Host Manager). It is essentialy cPanel but with the ability to create your own web hosting packages.

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
Did you give it up? If so, why? Were you happy with it?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB