Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.2 Released

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
We're pleased to announce that CodeIgniter version 1.6.2 has been officially released. This release includes more than 29 bug fixes and 34 feature additions and enhancements. Among these are some improvements to Active Record and transactional database interaction, the introduction of a constants file, improvements to the Zip library, a Compatibility Helper, new features to the File Helper, the removal of closing PHP tags from the framework files, and many other goodies. Checkout the Change log for the full details!

Paired with this release is the introduction of Tags in the Subversion server for version snapshots. CLI geeks, starting with version 1.6.1, you can checkout/export full release versions directly from Subversion. Details can be found on the downloads page. We are also now on Twitter.

Grandma's note: If you happened to have downloaded 1.6.2 between the hours of 12:00am and 8am CST today, please download a fresh version. There were a couple things that we inadvertently left out of 1.6.2 last night that deserved to be included (and one silly nugget left by someone, I have no idea who...), and since no announcement had been posted and it occurred in the wee hours of the morning for most of our users, it felt more appropriate to fix it instead of releasing a 1.6.2.1 a mere eight hours later.

[eluser]koku[/eluser]
I think I'll keep using the special grandma version Smile

No seriously, good to see a new version. Will upgrade to it asap.

[eluser]andreagam[/eluser]
Aaawww... I missed it! But I expect to find the special 'grandma' version (limited edition) on ebay soon ...
:-)

Thanks a lot for this new release. I'm gonna test it.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Thanks for the good work guys!

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Wow! A new version of CodeIgniter! Will have a look through the features.

[eluser]MikeeJay[/eluser]
It's almost like christmas!!! I know what to do on my work tomorrow Wink

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Update: as discovered here, the bugfix for transaction rollback on error broke database error information display. The download and tag for 1.6.2 have been hotfixed. If you are affected, replacing DB_driver.php is all that's necessary to restore verbose database errors.

[eluser]adwin[/eluser]
is config/ changes ?

I will test on it ;D

great job guys .. !

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
@adwin, the only thing in the config that changed was that a few mimes were added. Step 4 of the upgrade guide.

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
Nice work, keep it on...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB