Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Where do you find motivation?

[eluser]easymind[/eluser]
Well, not that I do it. But it seems to me that a planning and organizing thing is the issue. Putting it down on paper and working the list. When you know what needs to be done exactly, it helps.

Maybe you guys already do it but it probably is good to make inventory of what needs to be done in small meaning full words and expand some anyhow you like.

Maybe the problem is that it is all in the head, and that is more difficult when progress is made and there are more loose ends.

I am not your nanny but thanks for making me sound like one....

Ow and as for graphics. Just listen to inari. Why can't you use a graphics computer program? Because it has the words graphics in it?

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Naw, because I'm horrible at design, but have an eye for good design.

I just don't have the knowledge of how to use said programs. You can't just "use a graphics program". You have to know how it works to get what you want. That's a whole different thing I have to learn and simply don't have time for due to work and my kid.

Hardly have time as it is to code Smile (I do most of my code while at work on breaks/slow times)

[eluser]easymind[/eluser]
A stupid man said once: the only thing you have is time, you just control what you spend it on...

So maybe you need to do a nice long holliday...

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[quote author="easymind" date="1211043937"]A stupid man said once: the only thing you have is time, you just control what you spend it on...

So maybe you need to do a nice long holliday...[/quote]

I oftentimes find that a week or so without doing any coding at all helps to recharge the batteries.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Idon't know how many of us are working on long terms project, i think at first, you have to enjoy what you do.

I also think that you have to take time to be good, and use the good technology, make things easier indeed.

Also with the "extreme deveoppment" philosophy, find your self someone to talk when you work, explain what you do, keep the small team motivated.

AND

have a balanced life Smile work isn't all.

see ya around guys.

[eluser]Mirage[/eluser]
All good comments here.

I find motivation in the success of achieving my goals. So my mission is to be successful in order to stay motivated. To be successful I must achieve my goals.

- Think positive
The glass is half-full. I get motivated not by how far I have to go, but by how far I've come.

- Talk to anyone
So most of your friends aren't coders. Welcome to the club. I talk to my friends about my ideas anyway. I talk to my wife and kids about it. Many of them don't really have a clue what I'm talking about. But they are my friends and family nonetheless and there's no question that they like to see me succeed. So they will listen, ask questions and often even tell me how something sounds like a great idea or that they're proud of an achievement. No better motivation for me than being the [conquering] hero.

- Get it done
The road to world-domination is a long and windy one. Set realistic, achievable goals. Breaking projects down into smaller, achievable chunks rewards me by being able to take things 'off the list'. I need to make progress everyday. My biggest motivation killer is the feeling of not getting anything done. If I can't attribute it to un-controllable events, I know I set my goals too high for that day and subsequently adjust.

For web-development in particular I found this booklet to be and extremely useful resource:
https://gettingreal.37signals.com/

Cheers!

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
whenever I accomplish anything i feel a little happy inside....it keeps me going...especially when I have a big homework assignment due tomorrow which I should be working on but instead decided to work on CodeExtinguisher because i wanted to finish a theme.....</shameless plug> (but seriously, set small goals)

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
&nbsp;
Hi Awpti,
&nbsp;
Maybe you should &nbsp; ask Eliza I am sure she will get you motivated and you could bounce your ideas off her.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Eliza failed the Turing Test on my first sentence Wink .

I can only reiterate what others have said. Set small, achievable goals; find someone to bounce ideas off of; take a break every once in a while; don't do stuff because you have to, but because you're passionate about doing it.

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
&nbsp;
>>> Eliza failed the Turing Test on my first sentence.
&nbsp;
I am intrigued as to what the question was.
&nbsp;
I thought Eliza knew everything and I was about to sell my Brittanica Encyclopedia.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB